RE: Remote Debug QT5 User Guide

Jump to solution
josephzhou1
Contributor V

I read the User Guide , Remote debug QT5 User Guide - NXP Community

1 Change local.conf file in Yocto
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh openssh-sftp openssh-sftp-server"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "dev-pkgs debug-tweaks tools-debug ssh-server-openssh "
IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "net-tools iputils dhcpcd which gzip python python-pip wget cmake \
git gtk+ zlib patchelf nano grep tmux swig tar unzip parted e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-resize2fs \
openssh rsync"
2 Build and deploy Yocto SDK

BUT  which grep tar  etc. all r build in Ubuntu rite> and 

i tok wget  and curl and unzip  python3 etc. all are installed during the process to build yocto bsp , see renference . not need re install again ?

see "Linux Current Relese" here ,

3.2 Host packages
A Yocto Project build requires that some packages be installed for the build that are documented under the Yocto Project. Go to
Yocto Project Quick Start and check for the packages that must be installed for your build machine.
Essential Yocto Project host packages are:

$ sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib \
build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect \
xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev \
pylint3 xterm rsync curl

The configuration tool uses the default version of grep that is on your build machine. If there is a different version of grep in your
path, it may cause builds to fail. One workaround is to rename the special version to something not containing "grep".
3.3 Setting up the Repo utility

please advice me ???

Best Regards,
Joseph Zhou Jianhui / Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Singapore
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, keep in touch. If you need any further help, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you mix up the package install to your target image and the package you needed to build the image on your Ubuntu Host?

josephzhou1
Contributor V

No. i never.

here i am only talking about the tools (or the Host Packages ) only , never ever even touch the " target image " topic.

if talk about target image it is also the same : many packages are already have you no need "append" them:)

if u append this may be ok

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += “ opencv opencv-samples”

for necessary functions

i found out they do "double installation" (hence a waste ) some of the host packages , and the guy nxf65025 have already  replied  me with a confirmed  Private Message . his answer which make me happy , he said  "Yes"  to my suggestion. 

i have done many GDB debugging myself, either in command line or in IDE Eclipse in past few months, so I understand that for the target image itself , actually only need "gdbserver" only for run and (ip:192.168.1.253)connected back to the host ubuntu machine(ip: 192.168.1.252) , all GDB function and also symbols all are located in the host . hence save memory for the target . so better not installed so many packages into target totally   ,  thanks all

gdbserver 192.168.1.252:2001  XYZ ( here the binary file is XYZ)

$GDB XYZs( here the same binary with symbols)

thank you , we keep in touch , make progress together, thank you thank you

Best Regards,
Joseph Zhou Jianhui / Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Singapore
0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, keep in touch. If you need any further help, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos