cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in integrating NHD-2.8-240320AF-CSXP-FT display with 6ULL processor

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi,

We are planning to use i.MX 6ULL processor and NHD-2.8-240320AF-CSXP-FT display with in-built ST7789V controller using 16-bit interface in one of our projects. While we had searched for the device drivers for the display we hadn't able to find anything and when we asked the display vendor also they said that they are not having any Linux device drivers but they had given Arduino code for the same. When we are surfing through the internet we had found one NXP community case where they were asking the similar type of question for 6UL and 7D processor. We have followed the same procedure for 6ULL processor also and created a patch file for the same which is also attached in this case. We had changed the LCD setup as per the procedure given in the link provided by the display vendor in the mxsfb_st7789s_qvga.c file. Important HW connections for the LCD with the processor is listed below.

LCD Side PinsProcessor Side Pins
/CSGND
D/CLCD_HSYNC
/WRLCD_CLK
/RDLCD_ENABLE
DB0-DB15LCD_DATA00-LCD_DATA15
/RESLCD_RESET
IM0GND

We wish to know that whether the changes done by us in kernel source is correct or not and is there any further changes needed to be done in U-boot?

Thanks in advance,

Ranjith

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your quick reply. The links what you have provided uses SPI interface between processor and LCD but in our case the interface we will be using is 8080 MPU interface with bus-width as 16 and it has been given in the LCD datasheet and I also given pin mapping between LCD and processor. So it will be helpful for us if there are references using the above said interface.

Regards,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

for mpu one can look at patch

Patch to support MPU 8080 LCD on iMX6UL and iMX7D 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Yes I had created the patch file which I had attached earlier by taking reference from that link only. My query is like it was given for 6UL and 7D and that too for a different controller so I need to know whether the patch which I had attached is correct or not and is there any further modifications need to be done in kernel and u-boot source code with 6ULL processor and the display which I had specified?

Regards,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi,

Also I have found another driver for the controller called fb_st7789v.c in drivers/staging/fbtft folder. So for what will this driver be used for and whether can we use this driver for our case?

Regards,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

nxp has special service for helping with porting drivers and

reviewing customers codes: Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. We will look into the link sent by you.

Best Regards,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

one can check similar case on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/451152 

ST7789V driver can be found on

linux/panel-sitronix-st7789v.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos