OCRAM not accessible on IMX8QM-MEK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCRAM not accessible on IMX8QM-MEK

nagabhushan_v
Contributor I

We received newer version of the IMX8QM-MEK boards and I was trying to access OCRAM to perform some memory tests. This OCRAM region (0x100000 - 0x13FFFF) doesn't seem to be accessible. I am booting the board using u-boot and loading an application on top of it. I see that this region of memory is not accessible by u-boot as well. 

However this was accessible in the previous version of the board.

I tried using the SC APIs to assign the memory region but wasn't successful (find memory API returns - not found error). What do i need to do to access this region? I presume the SCFW has changed and doesn't allow access?

U-Boot version loaded on the new board - U-Boot 2018.03-imx_v2018.03_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nagabhushan_v
Contributor I

Thank you Igor. I tried building the fsl-core-image-base images for Patch 4.14.98_2.0.1-Patch as you suggested but I still wasn't able to access the OCRAM.

Also I see that in A0 boards the SECO firmware (ahab-container.image) was not required but is now included in B0. Is this making the OCRAM secure? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nagabhushan

I sent list of changes via mail, please note that

i.MX8QM is not publicly released yet and not fully supported.

May be suggested to proceed with help of extended support of

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

nagabhushan_v
Contributor I

Thank you, Igor. The change log was helpful.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nagabhushan

one can try to fully rebuild image using latest patches, "Linux 4.14.98_2.0.1-Patch"

i.MX Software | NXP 

note, recommended to use configuration derived from latest Register Programming Aid

and latest ddr test: mx8_ddr_stress_test_ER9.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos