cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8MM EVK board exposed pins(J1003)

mikemalgin
Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm working with iMX8MM EVK under android 9. On the EVK board J1003 there are several exposed pins -   "EXP_IO12 5", "EXP_IO11 5", etc. Is it correct to say that I can only access these through the I2C MUX interface? Is there a way to export them and have access to these as  normal GPIOs?

In addition, I cannot locate any "normal" GPIOs that are being exposed through the J1003, which is very strange. Any clarification will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mikemalgin
Contributor II

Thanks Igor, is there some example of how to work with that I2C MUX to access those GPIOs?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not aware of such examples, sorry.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mike

>Is it correct to say that I can only access these through the I2C MUX interface?

yes

>Is there a way to export them and have access to these as  normal GPIOs?

no

>I cannot locate any "normal" GPIOs that are being exposed through the J1003

one can look at Table 8-1. Muxing Options i.MX8M Mini Reference Manual, for example

UART3_TXD (J1003 pin8) can be configured as GPIO5_IO27.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pavel_
Contributor II

What about EXP_IO8,9,10,11,12,13,14 pins?

Haw are they configured? Which GPIO bank/pin?

0 Kudos

mikemalgin
Contributor II

As far as I could tell, they are all connected to that i2c MUX