cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX53_QSB_UBUNTU_SD_DEMO_IMAGE

andreaswernrr
Contributor I

Hi,

i want to test my i.mx53 Quick Start R Boards with the Demo Image on the Download site of freescale.

There is a Package under "Board support Package" nammed "MX53_QSB_Ubuntu_SD_DEMO_IMAGE

which is a tool where I  can create a complete demo Image.

I use Windows 7 Professional.

If i start the .exe file there is a screen where I can chose my device (SD-Card) where the toll shall install the image to but in the drop down box there is nothing what I can choose, it is empty.

Can anyone help me? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would also check to see if Windows acknowledges that a formatted SD card is installed. Go to explorer and verify that you can access the SD card. Unless you have a brand new computer, SD cards > 2GB have problems being recognized. If this is the case, you may need a newer adapter to read the SD card.

The other thing to check is whether the card is formatted for windows. You may need to run a low level format tool on the SD card (which may be a good thing to do regardless, at least this lets you know that you can see the SD card). I recommend: Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool from HDDGURU.com. Just don't try to reformat your hard drive.

0 Kudos

andreaswernrr
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply i will try it at this evening. (Germany :-))

Irvin Sirotić said:

Try to use "Run as administrator" option.This resolved issue for me.

0 Kudos

Hitex
Contributor I
Use Windows XP it will work... Windows 7 have some issue with the .exe
0 Kudos

IrvinSirotia_
Contributor I

Try to use "Run as administrator" option.This resolved issue for me.

0 Kudos