Is there any different firmwares for the VPU with improved codec capabilities?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Is there any different firmwares for the VPU with improved codec capabilities?

ソリューションへジャンプ
708件の閲覧回数
luisaguiar
Contributor I

What i want to know if it is possible to change the VPU firmware for another that has better capabilities. Is there another firmware binary? what changes to linux would be needed to make it work?

ラベル(3)
タグ(3)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
594件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis

VPU firmware is included in BSP, its current revision is given

in Release Notes document. VPU capabilities mainly defined

by hardware bus bandwidth and not firmware and can not be significantly changed.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)
595件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis

VPU firmware is included in BSP, its current revision is given

in Release Notes document. VPU capabilities mainly defined

by hardware bus bandwidth and not firmware and can not be significantly changed.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
594件の閲覧回数
luisaguiar
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thanks for your reply.

I was referring mostly to H264 support for Main and High profiles. I already tested the VPU and it works well at Full HD @ 30 fps (level 4.0) but only constrained Base profile.

But, has you explained, it would probably need different hardware that is not available on the VPU module to support the added features.

Best regards,

Luis

0 件の賞賛