Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX7 BOOT_CFG Fuse map details

Jump to solution
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

We are developing a custom board based on IMX7 sabreSD. We are planning to support eMMC boot and SD boot. So I studied about fuse options in IMX7. Below is the summery of understanding. 

Various boot mode and boot selection of device is based on BOOT_MODE and BOOT_CFG values as per TRM. Here BOOT_MODE[1:0] is based on hardware settings and BOOT_CFG values are to be fused into OTP registers for the first time. The 6.3.3 Fusemap Descriptions Table of TRM gives the fuse address values of BOOT_CFG value is 0x470. It also gives the fuse names and fuse functions of 0x470[19:0], 0x470[25], 0x470[27], 0x470[28],0x470[29] bits. 

Now below are my queries related to this fuse map. 

1. 0x470 offset is mapped to OCOTP_BOOT_CFG0 OTP register. So I need to write one time value to this fuse map based on my boot device selection. Now I am figuring out the 32 bit value for this fuse map. From the TRM, I have managed to find the values of 0x470[15:0] and 0x470[28] which is BT_FUSE_SEL. Now my question is, how can I select the other values for this 32 bit fuse OTP register? I mean, I want to know the valid values for 0x470[31:16] excluding 0x470[28] ? Where can I find those details?
  2. Also can any one confirm, that above understanding about fuse map in IMX7 is correct?  Specifically Is the fuse map OTP register OCOTP_BOOT_CFG0 correct? 
  3. In the OTP register section of OCOTP_BOOT_CFG0, I can see below description OTP_BOOT_CFG0.png

Can you please explain, what's that "HW_OCOTP_LOCK_BOOT_CFG[1]" bit is? Which register I need to set that               bit? 

Thank You in advance. 

Regards,

Gopinath S 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You are right, section 6.3.3 Fusemap Descriptions Table  of i.MX 7Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual,

Rev. 0.1, 08/2016 provides common  for all boot configurations (including BOOT_CFG : 0x470[19:0]) options.

BOOT_CFG : 0x470[19:0] contains also specific for boot device settings, that are described in section 6.6 System Boot.

The bits, that are not described - are not used, and should not be touched. 

The LOCK bit is located at 0x400[3:2] - BOOT_CFG_LOCK ( section 6.3.3).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You are right, section 6.3.3 Fusemap Descriptions Table  of i.MX 7Dual Applications Processor Reference Manual,

Rev. 0.1, 08/2016 provides common  for all boot configurations (including BOOT_CFG : 0x470[19:0]) options.

BOOT_CFG : 0x470[19:0] contains also specific for boot device settings, that are described in section 6.6 System Boot.

The bits, that are not described - are not used, and should not be touched. 

The LOCK bit is located at 0x400[3:2] - BOOT_CFG_LOCK ( section 6.3.3).

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

Thank You for your prompt response.When you say "should not be touched" means I cannot set that bit to high (1). Am I correct?  Because I am planning to use MFG tool's ucl2.xml file to fuse the SOM. 

For Eg in case of IMX6 it is like,

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0x4060 > /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG4">fuse prog 0 5 0x4060</CMD>
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0x00000010 > /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG5">fuse prog 0 6 0x00000010</CMD>

So I guess writing '0' to other bits will not cause any issues. Right? 

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Right, writing '0' to other bits will not cause any issues.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Thank You.

0 Kudos