cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL CSI Control Register

allenlin
Contributor I

Hi ,

Can anyone explain what CSICR3 bit 8-10 RxFF_LEVEL means?

pastedImage_1.png

and what CSICR18 bit 4, 5 BASEADDR_SWITCH_EN / BASEADDR_SWITCH_SEL means?

pastedImage_2.png

I am trying to study but still doesn't understand, Can anyone explain it? thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. The CSI module has the 256 x 64 RxFIFO to store received image pixel data at the speed of the image sensor pixel clock. When the number of remaining empty slots in the RxFIFO reaches the level, specified by the RxFF_LEVEL bits, the interrupt or DMA request is generated and the software or the CSI DMA engine flushes the RxFIFO content to the framebuffer area, located in the main system memory.

2. The CSI module supports so-called double buffer mode, in which it can store two consecutive frames into different frame buffers to simplify further frame processing in software. In case of DMA transfer, the CSI DMA engine switches the base address of the frame buffers after completing the frame transfer. Typical mechanism is that DMA does it automatically immediately after completing a frame transfer. There are two alternate methods of switching the base address: when receiving the next VSYNC edge and when receiving the first data of the next frame to RxFIFO. So, the BASEADDR_SWITCH_EN bit enables these alternate methods, and the BASEADDR_SWITCH_SEL bit selects between them.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

allenlin
Contributor I

Hi  Artur Petikhov,

Thanks for your help.

And I have a others question, 

I am trying to use one camera(output 720*240 interlace) connect to the IMX6ULL board. 

And I set CSICR1 bit 27 VIDEO_MODE to interlace mode and CSICR18 bit 2 DEINTERLACE_
EN to deinterlace enabled but doesn't work.

Do you know why?

0 Kudos