cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Gstreamer Trick Modes and Playback Rate Problem

onurcalili
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using imx6q with gstreamer (1.83) to playback prerecorded avi files (avi files are splitted into multiple files using “splitmuxsink”, video is encoded using “imxvpuenc_h264” and audio is encoded using “mulawenc”). We are using pipeline given below to playback the video on imx6q without problem;

“gst-launch-1.0 splitmuxsrc name=splitmuxsrc_1 location=/tmp/*.avi splitmuxsrc_1.audio_0 ! queue ! mulawdec ! audioconvert ! alsasink splitmuxsrc_1. ! queue ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxg2dvideosink force-aspect-ratio=false”

In our code we are using “gst_parse_launch” to construct the pipeline given above. We have to playback the videos in 4 playback speed rates which are 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x and in both directions forward and backwards. We manage to playback the video with this method but we have some problems.

When we tried trick mode of gstreamer (gst_event_new_seek function with rates 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x) we could not managed to playback the video with 8x rate. In addition when we increase the playback rate to 2x and 4x the cpu load increases dramatically. As a result we believe imx encodes all the frames when using trick mode. Also we tried videorate plugin of gstreamer but pipeline gived an error. We could not play any video.

How we can achieve 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x playback rates with low cpu load? Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what image version do you use? as I known, the latest version fixed this issue already, and did you try to use gplay to test trick modes?

0 Kudos

onurcalili
Contributor I

Thanks for your response. We are using version 2.2.2 Morty. Could you explain what fixed in new versions? The fix that you mentioned about is in imx-plugins or in gstreamer or in both?

0 Kudos