cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 MIPI DSI problem with platform SDK

hakanakis
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using  i.mx6dl sabre sd board and MIPI DSI display connected by MIPI expansion port. Display panel has HX8363A controller on it.

I have configured linux dts files and bootcmd, wrote new display panel driver for HX8363A display panel. It is working as intented. However, I cannot be able to display image with baremetal sofware.

I have to achieve this with baremeral software. With platform SDK software, I am conducting ipu tests. LDB tests are succesful. There is also MIPI DSI tests under Platform SDK. I am wondering whether MIPI DSI tests under Platform SDK is working or not? I have modified MIPI DSI tests for HX8363A display panel, but tests are failed. No image is displayed. I don't know what i am missing. What can be the problem? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi hakan

one can try to run these tests on Sabre SD reference board using

sect.5. MIPI test SDK Unit Test Procedures.pdf included in SDK /doc

folder.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hakanakis
Contributor I

I have tried to run these tests but they didnt work. I have changed the LCD_INIT fuction according to the display panel used(hx8363A) and also display panel channel structure to update timings. I guess that my problem is with CCM configuration. What are the necessary clock setting(values, clock route etc.) for proper operation of MIPI DSI and IPU?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SDK provided "as is", without support.

In general one can printf DSI registers in linux and compare with SDK.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos