How to run BareMetal application program on iMX6ul-evk board using Processor Expert tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run BareMetal application program on iMX6ul-evk board using Processor Expert tool?

rajprakash
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to run Hello World application program on imx6ul-evk board using Processor Expert tool.I am using Jlink(SEGGER) to loading hex(.elf) file.Jlink is working but whenever i am trying to debug/run any test project controller is not comming to main() entry and giving error(Please see the attachment).Do i need to call some startup calling function before printf() or somthing i am missing.

Thanks

Raj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

The Processor Expert tool for i.MX is intended to support an easy way to configure pin signals,

from multiplexing to the electrical properties of pins. With such tool all the pins can be configured

with a graphical user interface, and then generate C code, in order to use it just as an example in

applications. The Processor Expert Software for i.MX Processors does not include a compiler or linker.

Customers should include the generated code into their applications. 

Also, in order to use a debugger, it is needed to configure i.MX6 UL in serial

(USB) boot mode. Note, boot ROM enters this mode if selected boot mode

fails. 

From software point of view an an application should contain minimal

initialization and start-up code. Article of Miro Samek is very helpful in clarifying of startup code

and linker script. Please refer to “Building Bare-Metal ARM Systems with GNU” in I-net.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos