cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate SDK for imx6dl with OpenGL using Yocto

Jump to solution
antoinec
Contributor I

Using Yocto, I am trying to build a Linux image with Open GL and the corresponding SDK to build an application for this image.

I have an error when building the application. The file GL/gl.h cannot be found in the SDK directory (/opt/poky/1.7.3). I only have the following files:

• ./sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gl/gl.h
  • ./sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/GLES/gl.h
  • ./sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/Mesa-10.1.3/include/GL/gl.h

So GL/gl.h is not in the /usr/include diredctoryIn Yocto build directory, there are GL/gl.h files:

• ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/include/GL/gl.h
  • ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/packages-split/mesa-dbg/usr/src/debug/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/Mesa-10.1.3/include/GL/gl.h
  • ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/packages-split/libgl-mesa-dev/usr/include/GL/gl.h
  • ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/package/usr/src/debug/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/Mesa-10.1.3/include/GL/gl.h
  • ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/package/usr/include/GL/gl.h
  • ./tmp/work/imx6dlgpr-poky-linux-gnueabi/gpr3/1.0-r0/sdk/image/opt/poky/1.7.3/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/mesa/2_10.1.3-r0/Mesa-10.1.3/include/GL/gl.h

I build the sdk with the following command:

bitbake fsl-image-multimedia-full -c populate_sdk 

What do I have to do to found the GL/gl.h files in the SDK include directory? In my local.conf file I added:

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl" 

If I add mesa-gl in the DISTRO_FEATURES_append, I have error saying mesa-gl try to install files that already exist

Any help whould be welcome. Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&q=subject:%22%5C%5Bmeta%5C-fre...

How do we natively compile GPU and VPU support on i.MX6 CuBox platform

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&q=subject:%22%5C%5Bmeta%5C-fre...

How do we natively compile GPU and VPU support on i.MX6 CuBox platform

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!