How to fix the coordinates in WaylandSink on the 8mplus platform?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the coordinates in WaylandSink on the 8mplus platform?

Jump to solution
Eddy1
Contributor V

Recently, I need to fix the coordinates in Wayland, but after testing, no matter how I modify it, the Qt window on the client side cannot fix the coordinates. The same issue occurs with WaylandSink. Can you provide any suggestions on how to fix the coordinates in Wayland

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your response. I have already made the necessary changes. The main modifications were made to the Weston source code and Waylandsink source code, and the issue has been resolved. However, I would recommend that you consider fixing this issue in future versions as it may be more helpful to customers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
dhineshkumarn
Contributor I
Hi Eddy,
I have the similar issue. If you could share me the changes done in weston and waylandsink source code, I would be helpful for me.
Thanks
0 Kudos
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Eddy1,

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

You can try editing Weston backend that could cause the issue with the coordinates.
Please try with the following solution:

On weston.ini file use kiosk-shell to replace desktop-shell set by default.

$ vi /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini

[core]
shell=kiosk-shell.so

$systemctl start weston

$./play

If this solution doesn't work, please describe in more detail your issue and your test results.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. Is this setting for full-screen display? According to this setting, the 8 Plus can currently fix the coordinate position, but the 8 Mini cannot make it effective.

0 Kudos
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Eddy1,

Could you please confirm that you tried with the configuration described on my last reply?

Also, could you please confirm your target device? (On this thread subject is specified for iMX8M Plus)

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

Thank you very much for your response. The customer is using two types of boards, 8mini and 8mplus. The Weston version on the 8mini board is 8.0, which doesn’t have the kiosk module yet. I am currently in the process of upgrading Weston to 9.0. Additionally, for the 8mplus board, it requires specifying the window position using waylandsink. However, based on your following modifications:

shell=kiosk-shell.so

After making the above modifications, I am currently unable to preview using the gstreamer:

Eddy1_0-1701051224220.png

The error is as follows:

Eddy1_1-1701051247292.png

0 Kudos
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Eddy1

Thank you for your detailed reply.
In my first response I answered with a solution based on Qt applications. However, for waylandsink used on your Gstreamer pipeline I found that this plugin doesn't support the fixed position.
Please have a look on the following threads:
imx8mp gstreamer issue:I want to set a video on fi... - NXP Community

Can't set a position for the top-level window (#183) · Issues · wayland / wayland · GitLab

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

But I tried to set the “render-rectangle” positioning parameters based on your documentation for testing purposes, but the settings are not taking effect.

Eddy1_0-1701846439512.jpeg

Eddy1_1-1701846602301.png

0 Kudos
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Eddy1

In your test you are using "waylandsink", this sink does not support the parameter render-rectangle on our BSP. To implement render-rectangle you will need to use "glimagesink" as presented in the manual.

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your response. I have already made the necessary changes. The main modifications were made to the Weston source code and Waylandsink source code, and the issue has been resolved. However, I would recommend that you consider fixing this issue in future versions as it may be more helpful to customers.

0 Kudos
dhineshkumarn
Contributor I

Hi @Eddy1 

Please share me the modified patch file.

Thanks

0 Kudos