cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure mfg tool?

bcan
Contributor I

Hello all,

We have a sabre automative board and we wanted to configure it for our own needs. So far we build these files on ubuntu by following  documents in nxp.

We build our own:

*imx6q-sabreauto.dtb

*rootfs.ext2

*rootfs.tar

*u-boot.imx

*uImage

files but we couldn't find how to add them to mfgtool.  What configuration we need to do mfg tool and its files?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bahadir Can​,

Which version BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos

bcan
Contributor I

I am using  FSL community BSP which can be found from here GitHub - Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform: BSP platform manifest

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can go to our website to download the Documents on this version BSP i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP .In our user guide documents you can see the details.

Take the L4.1.15 version BSP as an example, you can see the 4.2.1 Configuring MfgTool in the i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf. Any questions you can contact me easily.

Have a nice day

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bcan
Contributor I

So we produced a build with buildroot which includes rootfs.tar, rootfs.ext2 , u-boot, uImage and zImage. According to pdf you added we didn't change any files in profiles>linux>firmware but changed the files in profiles>linux>files with rootfs.tar.bz2, u-boot-imx6qsabreauto_sd.imx, uImage, zImage-imx6q-sabreauto.dtb (by putting same names.)

We started mfg tool again(from mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabreauto-sdcard-sd3). It worked to some degree then gave error on pushing mksdcard.sh .

What shoud we do now?

Update : We managed to send our rootfs to board with this way. But we aren't sure that board got our kernel since every qt demo comes with installation in it gives segmentation fault. So how we can test it?

0 Kudos