Generate unique key by using EdgeLock Enclave Hardware Security Module (ele HSM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate unique key by using EdgeLock Enclave Hardware Security Module (ele HSM)

Nivas_Pangarkar
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I'm using i.MX93 with yocto linux with kernel version 6.1.1. I want to generate unique key to use in application

I've read about ele HSM, but not able to achieve this. How can i generate this key? How to read this key in command line or in userspace ?
Also, could you please share uboot and  kernel configuration with dts changes?

Can anyone help me with this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

pilotnite
Contributor III

@Harvey021 

I'm in a similar situation here, except I want to use it for authentication with AWS IoT Core and the OTA system. I'm running an i.MX93 and I want to make use of ELE whenever I register my device with AWS IoT Core and the OTA system using public certificates. Do you have any how-to documentation that I can follow to set up and test this?

Cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

Hope this lf-6.6.3_1.0.0/test/hsm/hsm_test.c help for you, note that the private key cannot be read, instead, just used. Can you share more details of how you will use the key in your application?

Regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

Nivas_Pangarkar
Contributor II

Hi @Harvey021 , Thanks for response..

I want to use private key to encrypt partition. How can i use private key for same.
Also, What are uboot and kernel configuration changes required to use hsm key?

Regards,
Nivas 

0 Kudos