How to Flash both Free RTOS on M4 and Android13 on A53

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Flash both Free RTOS on M4 and Android13 on A53

Hassan_Zafirul
Contributor I

I am using iMx8QM MEK board and want to flash FreeRTOS on M4 and Android13 on A53.

M4 will be controller Display1 for cluster and Display2  for IVI. Can you please share the links for prebuild binary.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hassan_Zafirul
Contributor I

Hi Salas,

We followed the steps provided in User Guide and SDK and build the Hello_World program, We were able to flash using SD with M4 image and we are able to see it on console when we are trying to flash "uuu_imx_android_flash.sh" we are getting the mcu_os  error. 

After investing more we found for  i.MX 8M Mini EVK Board - imx8mm_mcu_demo.img is available. 

How can we build this for i.MX 8QM board, fast reply will help us.

With Regards

Zafirul Hassan 

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

One can try set the boot command in U-boot as:

setenv bootcmd "bootmcu && boota mmc0"

This thread can be helpful: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMX8MM-Loading-m4-image-along-with-Android/td-p/996855

Best regards,

--... ...--

Salas.

0 Kudos

Hassan_Zafirul
Contributor I

How to get the console for M4 running FreeRTOS

0 Kudos

Hassan_Zafirul
Contributor I

Thanks Salas, From where i can get pre-built images to run FreeRTOS on Core-M4. Can you please provide the link

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can refer to MCUXpresso SDK, there you can generate the SDKs for your processors, including FreeRTOS.

Best regards,

Salas.

0 Kudos

Hassan_Zafirul
Contributor I

Hi Salas.
We have -m(flash MCU image) option with the uuu_imx_android_flash.sh script. Could you perhaps offer an example of how to use this option to flash the image together with the Android 13 image?
0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Hassan_Zafirul 

Please refer to this Application Note (AN5317) that is about Loading Code on Cortex-M from U-Boot/Linux for the i.MX Asymmetric Multi-Processing Application Processors.

Best regards,

Salas.

0 Kudos