您的意思是: 
已解决

Flash new image with wic file to the old image of IMX6

跳至解决方案
5,109 次查看
Mihan
Contributor IV

Hi 

We have built a new image for IMX6 as following https://doc.qt.io/Boot2Qt/index.html .

But I found there is a wic file not a zip file of image. 

We are using the old version 4.1.15 on the unit, and it doesn't seem to detect to SD card with wic.

Could you please tell us how to flash it to the unit with the old version?

Regards

0 项奖励
1 解答
5,077 次查看
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Mihan,

Yes as @joanxie mentioned UUU is a great tool; here's a post on how to use it. You'll have to research the sdcard specific command. 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/How-to-burn-kernel-image-with-UUU-tool/m-p/1522895#M195... 

Hope it helps.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
26 回复数
851 次查看
Mihan
Contributor IV
The latest reply on Github is that there is no `fastboot` function on uboot V2016.03.
So should I upgrade a version which has fastboot function with mfgtool then upgrade the the latest uboot with uuu?
0 项奖励
849 次查看
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Mihan 

Give it a try, wouldn't hurt. In my experience of using Yocto (9 years professionally), there has been a number of times where I've just had to try another version and it all went well. Most users building Yocto for a given machine type don't have any real issues that require digging down into the build like what you're experiencing; it's also difficult to advice remotely in such situations on forums like these. So todate you have had no success in getting you board programmed via uuu and a later OS; might be worth a try rolling back a number of builds i.e. krogoth, rocko, honister (check which ones are LTS as well). One thing to bear in mind is if you do try an earlier build then you may have to roll back your version of Linux in your VM as well (to suit the era - check the build docs.. ). 

You could see if you could find a version that can build both sdcard and wic images then do some experimenting.. Also, avoid getting too hung up on forum comments suggesting deeper issues like DDR etc at this stage; but focus on what the error messages state i.e. 'Bad Linux ARM magic' and research those. The fact that you even have uboot running suggests that the type of non-volatile memory is sufficient for not only running uboot but the rest of the system. uboot often shares the same hardware device tree and driver code that the OS does.

0 项奖励
820 次查看
Mihan
Contributor IV

Hi @edwardtyrrell 

I found the last version supported mfgtool is 4.9.88_2.0.0-ga. But I could `repo sync` the source file from github. Could you please check it or share the source file for me?

Mihan_0-1676022805094.jpeg

Have a nice weekend

0 项奖励
855 次查看
Mihan
Contributor IV
My mistake.
Yes the old image V4.1.15 using MFGTool V2 works well.
0 项奖励
859 次查看
Mihan
Contributor IV
OK.
About the second ponit, yes it's still work well.
But it's V2 I think because there are some document name "Manufacturing Tool V2 ....".

Here is content of the vbs file for the board I'm using.
```
Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.shell")
wshShell.run "mfgtool2.exe -c ""linux"" -l ""eMMC"" -s ""board=sabresd"" -s ""sxdtb=sdb"" -s ""mmc=3"" "
Set wshShell = Nothing
```
Let me know if you want to get more information of it.
0 项奖励
5,078 次查看
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi @Mihan,

Yes as @joanxie mentioned UUU is a great tool; here's a post on how to use it. You'll have to research the sdcard specific command. 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/How-to-burn-kernel-image-with-UUU-tool/m-p/1522895#M195... 

Hope it helps.

0 项奖励