Download for Android L5.0.0_1.0.0 (and kk 4.4.3 GA 2.0.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download for Android L5.0.0_1.0.0 (and kk 4.4.3 GA 2.0.0)

Jump to solution
alandeng123
Contributor III

HI All,

I saw a few threads and say they can download the code and build successfully.

I followed the doc on the web  --  Android™ User's Guide, Rev. L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga, 06/2015

I can download the code and no problem.

Tested on Wednesday and Thursday. June 24, 25.

But have two issues:

patch has problem, GCC git has problem (tried 4.0, same error).

See the attached msg.

I also tried kk4.4.3 ga 2.00, also has the patch error (tried June 25).

somewhere in \..\..\..\..\Music.

This version I tried 1 or 2 months ago and have no problem(followed the same doc).

One of my machine still has such code.

Something is wrong in GIT?

Anyone has some info about these issues?

Could FSL guy give an answer on this?

Anyone tried this code recently?

Alan

======================================================================

eng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/media/builds/imx-lollipop$ cd prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm

eng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/media/builds/imx-lollipop/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/armeabi-4.6

Cloning into 'armeabi-4.6'...

fatal: remote error: Git repository not found

eng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/media/builds/imx-lollipop/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm$

==>patch error

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/mips/mips64el-linux-android-4.8 ...

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.8 ...

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.9 ...

fatal: bad object c29b88617a91d2777e883998f653186ec79a1b77

Error! Base version commit c29b88617a91d2777e883998f653186ec79a1b77 doesn't exist in git /media/builds/imx-lollipop/prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.9. Stop

eng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/media/builds/imx-lollipop$

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I downloaded and patched correctly with the commands on the Android™ User's Guide, Rev. L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga, 06/2015 with no errors.

I haven’t seen that error before but it looks like a commit problem although it’s strange that the previous commits are found.

You haven’t mentioned your host OS but I would make sure you have awk/sed installed as these are used by the patching script.

apt-get install gawk

apt-get install sed

If these are installed I would make sure that all the code has been downloaded correctly including the GCC checkout as part of the 3.1 series of steps of the Android User’s Guide.

On the GCC steps make sure to make the checkout to the android-4.4.3_r1 branch just as listed on the steps as the GCC 4.0 is used for Linux Kernel and U-boot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alan DENG,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems downloading and patching the Android Source Code.

I tried downloading the code last week so it should be in working order. I started the process again just to make sure. If I encounter an error I'll let you know and I'll look for the root cause.

Regarding the git error I think there's a typo:

$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/armeabi-4.6

Should be:

$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.6

The problem is that copying from the documentation sometimes removes the dashes. In this case between arm and eabi.

As for the error when patching. Were you able to download the source code before patching? Are you using the c_patch command or does the error appears at some other steps. If you are indeed using the c_patch command, would you please share the log it generates? Sometimes there may be errors when patching due to access constraints.

0 Kudos
alandeng123
Contributor III

As for the error when patching. Were you able to download the source code before patching? Are you using the c_patch command or does the error appears at some other steps. If you are indeed using the c_patch command, would you please share the log it generates? Sometimes there may be errors when patching due to access constraints.

==>

yes, I can download the source code. And gcc is good to get now.

yes, I used c_patch just following as the doc said.

part of the log as above, since it is too long.

see the red part.

===============

patch error

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/mips/mips64el-linux-android-4.8 ...

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.8 ...

Checking KEEP project - prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.9 ...

fatal: bad object c29b88617a91d2777e883998f653186ec79a1b77

Error! Base version commit c29b88617a91d2777e883998f653186ec79a1b77 doesn't exist in git /media/builds/imx-lollipop/prebuilts/gcc/darwin-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.9. Stop

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I downloaded and patched correctly with the commands on the Android™ User's Guide, Rev. L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga, 06/2015 with no errors.

I haven’t seen that error before but it looks like a commit problem although it’s strange that the previous commits are found.

You haven’t mentioned your host OS but I would make sure you have awk/sed installed as these are used by the patching script.

apt-get install gawk

apt-get install sed

If these are installed I would make sure that all the code has been downloaded correctly including the GCC checkout as part of the 3.1 series of steps of the Android User’s Guide.

On the GCC steps make sure to make the checkout to the android-4.4.3_r1 branch just as listed on the steps as the GCC 4.0 is used for Linux Kernel and U-boot.

0 Kudos
alandeng123
Contributor III

Now patch works.

It seems this is a random error (?!)

However, it happens at least 3 times on two PCs.

Anyway, thanks

0 Kudos
alandeng123
Contributor III

Thanks gusarambula.

At least I know the server have no problem.

I have Ubuntu 12.04, awk(now gawk), sed --> see ver below

At least I can do kk 4.4.3 and no problem.

Also I can do other Loolipop source code with no problem.

I have tried 3 times with the same error.

I will try another one this weekend.

==================================================

GNU sed home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/>.

General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.

ydeng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/opt/nfsroot/dq_board$ sed --version

GNU sed version 4.2.1

Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

ydeng@mpgh78-03-Ubuntu:/opt/nfsroot/dq_board$ awk --version

GNU Awk 3.1.8

Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-2010 Free Software Foundation.

0 Kudos