Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR reserved bits cleared during boot

Jump to solution
pavelstanek
Contributor II

Hello,

I have small question about reserved bits in DDR subsystem.

Let's use i.MX6Q sabre board (mx6qsabresd) , and nearly any Linux SDK.

Let's picup some register, for example IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_DRAM_ODT0 (0x020e059c), but there are others with same problem.

In documentation there is that reset value is 0x00003030

In U-boot there are records in *.cfg files (for device configuration block - ROM init) like

DATA 4, 0x020e059c, 0x00000030

So this will set DSE value of pin, but also clears reserved bits (bits 15-12) during ddr init by rom code.

Is it correct to clear these reserved bits? Are they useful for anything?

And is it safe to clear them?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The reserved bits concern with preliminary i.MX6 specs, where PUE and PKE
bits were used (to define pull up options). Strictly speaking, initialization code should

follow recent RM recommendations.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The reserved bits concern with preliminary i.MX6 specs, where PUE and PKE
bits were used (to define pull up options). Strictly speaking, initialization code should

follow recent RM recommendations.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos