Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building kernel L3.10.53 with other defconfigs

faisaltaj
Contributor II

Hi,

need help to deal with following situation:

I have generated new configuration file for above mentioned Kernel version but i don't know why nothing is changed when i try to run it on board. I just followed instructions in Freescale_Yocto_User_Guide section(5.6.7), but i suppose they are not valid for this kernel version somehow 3.10.53. Can anyone guide me out of this problem?

Thanking in advance.

Best regards,

Faisal

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at recommendations below how to change the kernel configuration

through menuconfig

$ bitbake -c menuconfig linux-imx

This creates a config file in (as an example)

tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.0.35-r33.10/git/.config

This file should be copied to the defconfig location in order to set the changes.

Below is an example of the devconfig location :

meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.0.35/mx6

Then use the commands.

$ bitbake -c cleansstate linux-imx

$ bitbake linux-imx

As for configuring the kernel more details are available on the following community document:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95045

Regards,

Yuri.

faisaltaj
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. Just wanna point out in your case your kernel version is different from mine. And problem with new kernel is it's defconfig files are directly fetched from package and build. My assumption is either you need to apply it through patch file (new yocto layer) or you need to workaround in your build folder with git/arch/arm/configs/imx_v7_deconfig file.  Now the real issue if you replace this default defconfig with your new defconfig and do the process of clean state and build. The defconfig is automatically replaced by default configuration.