Any way to use hardware acceleration to encode/decode H.264 video stream while it supports AVTP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to use hardware acceleration to encode/decode H.264 video stream while it supports AVTP?

Jump to solution
killedByBugs
Contributor III

I am trying this TSN/AVB demo (link : https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/AVB-TSN-demo-on-i-MX8MP/ta-p/1123791#toc... ) with an imx8qxp MEK board.

I found the following content on that webpage:

Build H.264 SW plugins

AVTPDU uses H.264 as payload for streaming, this requires H.264 encoder/decoder plugins, either software or hardware accelerations. Since we upgrade the Gstreamer and its plugins to a new version, the VPU plugins cannot be used anymore. So software H.264 plugins are required: x264 for encoder, libav for decoder.

It says that VPU plugins cannot be used anymore, but I really want to use hardware acceleration. Also, that page was posted in 2021. Does any GStreamer have plugins which can do encoding/decoding hardware acceleration while it supports AVTP now? Please let me know if there is any.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @killedByBugs

Unfortunately, that reference it is outdated. Regarding H264 encoding and decoding you can use some options that are included on our BSP.
Please have a look on the following document at Chapter 3. Decode Examples and Chapter 4. Encode Examples:
i.MX 8 GStreamer User Guide - NXP Community

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @killedByBugs

Unfortunately, that reference it is outdated. Regarding H264 encoding and decoding you can use some options that are included on our BSP.
Please have a look on the following document at Chapter 3. Decode Examples and Chapter 4. Encode Examples:
i.MX 8 GStreamer User Guide - NXP Community

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos