how to revert to default firmware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to revert to default firmware

philixwan
Contributor II

we are testing thread stack using test harness. the USB-KW41Z is used as sniffer.
but we have a mistake that we downloade a KW24D512 firmware into USB-KW41Z through SWD KW41Z interface. and changed the bootloader.
now the test harness can not recognize the USB-KW41Z as sniffer.
how to revert to default firmware?
thanks.

Labels (2)
6 Replies

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fei,

In order to flash an image to the USB-KW41Z, you need to have a Segger J-Link programmer (which I presume you have, given that you managed to flash a wrong image).

You can flash it with Test Tool, the image is already there, see the picture below.

pastedImage_1.png

Tell me if it's ok.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos

philixwan
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

I have flashed the sniffer_usbkw41z_k22f.bin, but the it is still not OK.

I guess the reason that the wrong bootloader is reprogrammed, checked "Browse bootloader file" in last process.

Would we flash the bootloader again? If so, where is the file?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fei,

Are you sure that Thread Harness worked before with USB-KW41Z? The NXP sniffer used for harness is USB-KW24. The firmware for it you can find in [...]/Firmwares/NXP(Freescale)/Sniffer folder, in the folder in which you have installed Thread Harness.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos

philixwan
Contributor II

Yes, Thread Harness supports both USB-KW41Z and USB-KW24D512, and all certification labs must use USB-KW41Z  from 2018 according to Thread Group policy. So we purchased USB-KW41Z. All USB-KW41Z device are OK before refrash.

0 Kudos

Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fei,

I wasn't aware of that, here are the images. One is for kw41 and the other for k22f, beware how you flash them (it writes on the board which one is which, k22f is the one near the USB). You can use Test Tool for flashing the firmwares.

Regards,

Lilian

philixwan
Contributor II

Thank you very much.

It works very well after I update this firmware.