Did you mean: 

QN9080-Extended advertisement

Jump to solution
nxf64834
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I want to use extended advertisement in QN9080. Currently using QN9080SIP-DK

There is one document available "AN12561 Kinetis KW38 Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 Advertising Extension Enablement in Legacy Bluetooth Low Energy Examples", which I referred to make changes in beacon example code.

But the module is not going into advertising mode.

Attaching the workspace and snippets of the changes I made into the code by taking reference from the above document.

What should be the other changes that needs to be there to use device in extended advertisement mode?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, the guide you are using will not work with the QN9080 as the KW38 and the demo  you are using as  abase have the coded PHY which allows in this case the KW38 to support the extended advertisement, nonetheless, the Qn9080 does not have the coded PHY as the QN9080 supports the mandatory erratas for Bluetooth LE 5.0 which do not include the coded PHY.

I apologize for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, the guide you are using will not work with the QN9080 as the KW38 and the demo  you are using as  abase have the coded PHY which allows in this case the KW38 to support the extended advertisement, nonetheless, the Qn9080 does not have the coded PHY as the QN9080 supports the mandatory erratas for Bluetooth LE 5.0 which do not include the coded PHY.

I apologize for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos