Can we have both USB and BLE functionality on QN908x Chip simultaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have both USB and BLE functionality on QN908x Chip simultaneously

ankur_rathi
Contributor IV

I want to try both USB and BLE functionality on QN908x development board.
Individually, I am able to run HID mouse example code for USB as well as BLE from SDK2.2.1.
But, I want to have both the functionality in the same firmware.
May be different switch press will result in QN908x kit as either USB device or BLE device, depending on the which Switch press.
I was not able to find an example source code which has both the functionality in same firmware.
Is there any source code which has both the feature or is there any document which I can refer to build this.

Labels (1)
  • QN

Tags (1)
6 Replies

kishansa
Contributor I

@estephania_mart  By any chance is there any example code available which shows USB and BLE functionality

0 Kudos

kishansa
Contributor I

@estephania_mart  Is there example available now with the above features [USB and BLE in a QN908x]

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

By simultaneously, what are you looking for ? Could you please provide more details on your application ?  We do not have an example with both functionalities in the same code, still , depending on what you need to do maybe one of the Wireless examples might help you could you please check the hid_device and hid_host to see if those help you ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

ankur_rathi
Contributor IV

Thanks Estephania for the response,
I have individually tried with USB HID mouse example and BLE HID device example code.
I want to merge this two part into one.
Ex. If Sw1 pressed the device will work as USB HID mouse while if Sw2 pressed, BLE will stop and the device will work as USB HID mouse i.e when you insert the device into USB port, you must get the device under HID in Device manager and see cursor moving onto Screen.
Hope this clears your doubt.
Do let me know is their any example code / document explaining how to achieve this.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is  possible to be achieves as long and both protocols timings are working as defined in the specification as well as the design is correctly made for the final product. Still, we do not have an example for that.

If you have the QN9080 dongle  and it works without an LPC , still we do not have the code available to be shared.

The combination of both examples will need to be done by every customer and we currently do not have any guide to show how to combine both examples, sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards

Estephania

0 Kudos

ankur_rathi
Contributor IV

Thanks for the update Estephania.
I am somewhat able to make progress.Lets see how it goes.