Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial-Downloader error etatus

Jump to solution
torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm still stuck on executing Application by using Boot from QSPI.

Currently i'm pretty sure, that reading the information should work fine, judged by the behaviour

i could see on my oscilloscope.

Interestingly i have access to the Serial Downloader after it tried to run the application.

Here i can read the error status which is nice but i can't find any information on the meaning of the

error code.

currently i get: 0x33-33-33-33

So my question is, where can i find a list of the different error codes?

Best regards,

Torben

0 Kudos
1 Solution
torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Problem got solved some further investigation on how the Data are loaded from the Flash to their

Destination took me to my failure. The Reference Manual can be in some parts really irritating. In my

opinion the containing Information(in a few cases) are misleading(not very helpfull). Some

more Information how the procedure in the background of the Boot Rom works would be really beneficial.

Never mind, i got it solved :-).

But i would be still interested in a documentation of the different HAB error codes for future Problems.

Best regards

Torben Lüdeking

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Torben,

Let me (and the others) understand the issue first, please:

• So, "in plain words" - the processor is supposed to boot from QSPI (based on what settings?) but it does not but instead enters the Serial Downloader mode (tries to boot from USB), right?
  • "...reading the information should work fine, judged by the behavior I could see on my oscilloscope..." - what is this statements based on? you see confirmation of data-flow from QSPI to the processor?
  • "... read the error status..." - read where?

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Hello Naoum,

I'm sorry that i wasn't clear enough in my words. So i will explain my problem in more Detail.

First we use the vybrid cpu in our own setup not in the TWR Board.

At this point i want to start an Application via QSPI boot. Therefore i wrote a

small Application which should turn on LEDs on our Board.

I start the CPU in Serial Downloader Mode and transfer via UART two file on OCRAM.

Application one is used to write Application two (including qspi conf params and ivt / dcd(empty))

to the Flash. This works fine!

After that i boot in QSPI Mode:

RCON Mode (Select QuadSPI as Boot resource)

-PTE1 = GND

-PTE0 = 3.3V

PTE8 = GND (select QuadSPI0)

If i then power the board i can analyze the behaviour of the CPU on the QSPI.

I do this by attaching the Oscilloscope to the QSPI.

On my oscilloscope i see how the qspi configuration parameters are read (offset 0)

After that i can see how IVT & DCD are loaded (offset 0x400) the IVT then points to

offset 0x800 where my Application is located. I can again verify that my Application is read from

the Flash. As said before i'm attached to the datalines which makes it possible for me to read

what the CPU does on the QSPI.

After reading all these data i can observe a little pause followed by three additional

read attempts at the following ADDR's:

QSPI Base +

offset 0x418

offset 0x408

offset 0x800 (not my whole Application)

I guess these three additional reads are some kind of re-read in case of an exception which

seems to occure after trying to execute my Application(i guess).

Assuming that somehow my Application couldn't be executed i tried to get a connection to the

Serial Downloader which should be the "fall back" in case of problems. So i send the init CMD

0x23454523 via UART which results in the same answer.

Now beeing connected to the Serial Downloader i send the CMD 0x0505...  which returns according to

the Serial Downloader Protocoll the HAB error status from which i hope i can get some information

about what is the problem in the boot process.

But i can't find any documentation of the HAB error codes. So i get this code but i don't know what this code

means. The code i get after execution is like already mentioned 0x33-33-33-33.

The Application placed for boot works perfectly fine if transfered via Serial Downloader to OCRAM

and executed using the Serial Downloader CMD Jump_address.

I tried several settings to run my Application including compiled for XIP and compiled for OCRAM.

Of course i configure my IVT according to this.

QSPI configuration parameters (0x20000000)

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00
03 00 00 00 00 00 40 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 40 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
00 01 00 00 00 00 03 04
18 08 80 1C 00 24 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

IVT (0x20000400)

D1 00 20 41 00 08 00 20
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 04 00 20 00 04 00 20
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 3F C0 0D 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Best regards

Torben

Edit: Bold text pieces are used to highlight important information and are not meant to be interpreted as yelling.

And sorry for my, not so good, english :-)

0 Kudos
torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Problem got solved some further investigation on how the Data are loaded from the Flash to their

Destination took me to my failure. The Reference Manual can be in some parts really irritating. In my

opinion the containing Information(in a few cases) are misleading(not very helpfull). Some

more Information how the procedure in the background of the Boot Rom works would be really beneficial.

Never mind, i got it solved :-).

But i would be still interested in a documentation of the different HAB error codes for future Problems.

Best regards

Torben Lüdeking

0 Kudos