cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build SDK-v2 due to git.freescale.com no longer available

fridgemagnet
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having issues trying to build the QorIQ SDK which I think comes down to git.freescale.com no longer being available.

Essentially the steps I've followed are:

1. Install 'QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 SOURCE.iso'
2. Install 'QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 PPCE6500 Yocto Cache.iso'
3. Download, unpack 'QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0-1703.tar.bz2' and install update
4. Setup environment and build:

cd QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/
./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh
. ./fsl-setup-env -m t4240rdb
bitbake fsl-image-core

As can be seen, I've not made any changes to the configuration - should just build the vanilla image - here's the result:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/linux.git;branch=sdk-v2.0.x, attempting MIRRORS if available
WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/u-boot.git;branch=sdk-v2.0.x, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com: No address associated with hostname

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/u-boot.git;branch=sdk-v2.0.x'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t4240rdb/tmp/work/t4240rdb-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2016.01+fslgit-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.9003
ERROR: Task 65 (/home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-qoriq_2016.01.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com: No address associated with hostname

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/linux.git;branch=sdk-v2.0.x'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t4240rdb/tmp/work/t4240rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.31000
ERROR: Task 45 (/home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.1.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3022 tasks of which 2617 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 2 tasks failed:
  /home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-qoriq_2016.01.bb, do_fetch
  /home/jon/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq_4.1.bb, do_fetch

Firstly I'm surprised that it's trying to download things, I thought the point of the cache/source files was to avoid the need to do this but regardless what is the fix for this?

I'm not at all familiar with Yocto/Poky so I need to know exactly what files to change rather than just telling me what the new URL should be (which appears to be the answer to all the other posts I've found on this issue).

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
0 Replies