Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Configuration in T4240RDB-64b

Jump to solution
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor III

Dear NXP,

I am working on T4240RDB-64B machine. I needs to add the driver kernel configuration. I am using QORIQ-SDK-2.0 source.

Which defconfig do I needs to take to enable the drivers ? 

Let me know the steps for build kernel with custom+default kernel configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
1 Solution
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

You'll find which defconfig file you are using by default under sources/meta-freescale/configs/(your_machine.conf) file. For example mine is t1042d4rdb-64b.conf. And the lines inside it describes the defconfig file.

KERNEL_DEVICETREE ?= "t1042d4rdb.dtb"   /* This is under arch/powerpc/dts/fsl/ folder
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "corenet64_smp_defconfig" /* This is under arch/powerpc/configs/ folder */

You can change these lines but when you repack your kernel, the new names you gave must be under the directories I mentioned in comment lines. You can have a copy of your new kernel .config. Just give it a long name while saving (vinothkumar.config). You will find that file under build directory of linux.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

If you want to enable drivers exists in kernel

1) bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate

2) bitbake virtual/kernel -c patch

4) bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig

5) (Enable/Disable drivers you want)

6) save menuconfig with name '.config' and some other different name.

6) bitbake virtual/kernel

If you want to build out-of-tree kernel module into kernel

Take a look hello-mod recipe in poky/meta-skeleton. It includes a sample out-of-tree kernel module.

0 Kudos
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor III

Thank You Yusuf Alriparmak 

Do you know, Do we have use any defconfig from (arch/powerpc/config/85xx/ ).

And Where this .config file stored ?

Regards,

VinothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

You'll find which defconfig file you are using by default under sources/meta-freescale/configs/(your_machine.conf) file. For example mine is t1042d4rdb-64b.conf. And the lines inside it describes the defconfig file.

KERNEL_DEVICETREE ?= "t1042d4rdb.dtb"   /* This is under arch/powerpc/dts/fsl/ folder
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "corenet64_smp_defconfig" /* This is under arch/powerpc/configs/ folder */

You can change these lines but when you repack your kernel, the new names you gave must be under the directories I mentioned in comment lines. You can have a copy of your new kernel .config. Just give it a long name while saving (vinothkumar.config). You will find that file under build directory of linux.

View solution in original post

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor III

Thank you Yusuf Altiparmak for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

VInothS,

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos