Did you mean: 

A71CH on MX6UL-EVK2 connection fail

Jump to solution
nd88
Contributor II

Trying to run A71CH on MX6UL-EVK2 board 

ran the following commands:

1. root@imx6ulevk:~# cd axHostSw/hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts/

2. root@imx6ulevk:~/axHostSw/hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts# ./a71chPrepareEcc.sh

and failed with the following error:

NXP i.MX Release Distro 4.9.88-2.0.0 imx6ulevk ttymxc0

imx6ulevk login: root
root@imx6ulevk:~# cd axHostSw/hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts/
root@imx6ulevk:~/axHostSw/hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts# ./a71chPrepareEcc.sh
A71CH Key provisioning script (Rev.0.9).
Executing this script will create new keys and insert these keys
in the attached A71CH secure element.
Are you sure? [y/N] y
Continuing
GNU/Linux
Assume we run on Linux
>> openssl ecparam -name prime256v1 -out ../ecc/prime256v1.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_0.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_0.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_0.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_1.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_1.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_1.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_2.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_2.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_2.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_3.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_3.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_kp_pubonly_3.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_0.pem

>> openssl ec -in ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_0.pem -pubout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_pubonly_0.pem
read EC key
writing EC key

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_1.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/ecc_key_pub_2.pem

>> openssl ecparam -in ../ecc/prime256v1.pem -genkey -noout -out ../ecc/remote_ecc_kp.pem

>> ../../../../linux/a71chConfig_i2c_imx debug reset
a71chConfig (Rev 1.20) .. connect to A71CH. Chunksize at link layer = 256.
I2CInit: opening /dev/i2c-1
I2C driver: PEC flag cleared
I2C driver supports plain i2c-level commands.
I2C driver supports Read Block.
Error: Failed to retrieve ready status.
sci2c_Init failed 2
SM_Connect failed with status 0x7013 (Could not establish communication protocol)

==========SELECT-FAILED=========
Select failed. SW = 0x0005
"../../../../linux/a71chConfig_i2c_imx debug reset" failed to run successfully, returned 12

nd88_0-1626951025212.png

appreciate if anyone could help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nd88 ,

The Plug&Trust Middleware provides the following additional functionality related to the A71CH:

• Compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1

• Support for the SSS API

• Cloud demos using SSS API

• OpenSSL Engine using SSS API

so if you need above support for A71CH, you may use the latest MW.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nd88 ,

Are you using the latest MW? Indeed the latest MW for SE050 has supported SE050 as well as A71CH. Please refer to https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SE-PLUG-TRUST-MW for more details

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
nd88
Contributor II

Hi @Kan_Li 

Thanks for the reply. I am using the MCIMX6UL-EVKB-ND. The linux image being used is from (A71CH | Plug and Trust for IoT | NXP Semiconductors). Why the sudden change to use the MW (middleware) 

MCIMX6UL-EVKB NXP USA Inc. | Development Boards, Kits, Programmers | DigiKey

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nd88 ,

The Plug&Trust Middleware provides the following additional functionality related to the A71CH:

• Compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1

• Support for the SSS API

• Cloud demos using SSS API

• OpenSSL Engine using SSS API

so if you need above support for A71CH, you may use the latest MW.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos