Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 wakeup lowpower manage

BigSun
Contributor II

Env:

S32DS  3.5   RTD 4.0.0 P04 + EB 29 + S32K312

Problem:

Lowpower management,  have configured ICU, Platform, MCU PORT modules accrodigng to Lowpowernamagement samples.

wakeup pins are on ADC ,GPIO, LIN, CAN pins. how to config ICU and PORTmodules in EB at this case?

on MCU mode settings for standby or fast standby, TSPC is must? I found that if this module is disabled, the system can not be wokeup each time when wakeup pin edge is triggered.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun,

You can look into this community post for configuring WKPU sources in EB Tresos: Solved: How to connect the wakeup sources with Wakeup Unit (WKPU) for S32K3xx - NXP Community

I'm not sure why disabling TSPC does not let you wake up, as TSPC refers to the Touch Sensing Pin Coupling, is there another configuration being changed for the MCU to not wake up? 

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

BigSun
Contributor II

When need to use wakeups for the pins, only ICU need to be configured?

0 Kudos

BigSun
Contributor II

I tried to config Standby MCU clock settings. If FIRC is 48M,24M, wakeups is normal. if FIRC is 3M, the wakeups will not work.

now I measured normal wakeup ,the wakeup time is about 6.6ms. 

the total current of my board(not EVB) when standby is 73mA. How to reduce the board's current. I have closed the power source unnecessary. Just call MCU_SetMode to standy will reduce the current? 

Also I want to check fast wakeup, according to samples, 

Note: The value of McuDcmGprConfiguration.boot base address for Fast wake up must be same with the address of FastWkupBootVectorTable,
*             so add a ".fastboot_vector" section in linker files  

how to change the LD file? can you provide some sample for reference. 

fastwakeup only affect the wakeup time?

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun,

When FIRC is set to 3MHz and disabled in standby mode, it will cause the MCU to stall. You can find the following note from S32K3 Reference Manual:

Julin_AragnM_2-1713555026336.png

Where do you measure the consumption? You can look in S32K3xx data sheet Table 15. STANDBY mode supply currents the typical values for current under different temperatures and different peripheral and clock configurations.

You can also get an estimate with the Power Estimation Tool for S32K.

Also, the S32K3 Low Power Management AN and demos provide some examples (for S32DS 3.4 and RTD 2.0.0) on various cases for low power and wakeup, including the fast wakeup option. You can refer to this package for the vector table declaration.

Fast wakeup (fast standby exit has the application start at a user defined boot address instead of the reset handler:

Julin_AragnM_3-1713558673533.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

BigSun
Contributor II

Hi, Julian

I have read the stateflow in your reply. Now I do not know how to modify the LD link file in project to fullfill the faststandby requirement.

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun,

You can use as reference any of the example projects from the S32K3 Low Power Management AN and demos.

Julin_AragnM_1-1713895258457.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

BigSun
Contributor II

I have read this code. but I donot know how to modify the project link file for faststandby.

can you provide a linkfile for faststandby?

in main.c:

* Note: The value of McuDcmGprConfiguration.boot base address for Fast wake up must be same with the address of FastWkupBootVectorTable,
* so add a ".fastboot_vector" section in linker files
* If the S32K3xx MCU has installed HSE FW, App core can not config FIRC divider and
* need to delete codes lines 267 to 281 in Clock_Ip_Divider.c

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, you can edit the project's linker file from the Project_Settings folder:

Julin_AragnM_1-1714167610596.png

Julin_AragnM_0-1714167603785.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos