Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive DMX512 on LPUART1 S32k146

Jump to solution
Sandra1
Contributor I

Hi all,
I'm trying to read DMX512 Messages with the LPUART1 (PTC8, PTC9) from the S32k146. 

The data is generated by a Slesa-U9 and could be measured and decoded from the oszillator as UART.
My problem is, that as GPIO I can receive the data, but as LPUART there is no data in the

LPUART1->Data Register.
So my question is, if there's any existing project for receiving DMX on a S32k microcontroller. 
If not, can you please help me and find my mistake? 

Best regards

Sandra

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sandra1,

Currently there are no DMX512 examples for the S32K1xx's devices. If no data is being received, make sure the LPUART module is being correctly configured for the DMX protocol, as start bits, parity, baud rate, stop bits, etc.

You can find inside the AN5413: S32K1xx Series Cookbook an example application for UART over registers. This example performs a simple UART 9600 baud transfer to a COM port on a PC. You could try sending singular bytes to test communication.

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sandra1,

Currently there are no DMX512 examples for the S32K1xx's devices. If no data is being received, make sure the LPUART module is being correctly configured for the DMX protocol, as start bits, parity, baud rate, stop bits, etc.

You can find inside the AN5413: S32K1xx Series Cookbook an example application for UART over registers. This example performs a simple UART 9600 baud transfer to a COM port on a PC. You could try sending singular bytes to test communication.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos