Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K OSC clock is not valid

Jump to solution
naderkhamess
Contributor III

Hello NXP community,

we have now custom hw board with S32K148, we don't have crystall oscillator neither external clock. 

and problem is that the code got stuck in : 

hello_world_s32k144 : in this example the code get stuck at 

while(!(SCG->SOSCCSR & SCG_SOSCCSR_SOSCVLD_MASK)); /* Wait for sys OSC clk valid */

and it is running forever.

or status= timeout in SDK examples, Clock_sys_ConfigureSOSC(), also same line.

1. is it possible to not use a crystal oscillator? 

2. Why in the custom hw, i needed to enable the clock to the peripherals i will use, at the time i didn't have to do this in NXP EVBs?  PCC_SetClockMode(PCC, PCC_PORTA_CLOCK, true);  

3. Now i disabled the SOSC and changed system clock source to FIRC_CLK instead of SPLL, is what i did correct?

please see the attached screenshot. 

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nader

Tags (1)
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. Yes, you can configure the clock according to your needs and your HW requirements. The example hello_world_s32k144  is just an example and shows you possible settings.

2. I'm not sure if I understand your question. You should always enable a clock for a port that you want to use.

3. Yes, the clock setting can be set as you did it.

Also, please, do not forget to generate processor expert code in the main menu Project.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. Yes, you can configure the clock according to your needs and your HW requirements. The example hello_world_s32k144  is just an example and shows you possible settings.

2. I'm not sure if I understand your question. You should always enable a clock for a port that you want to use.

3. Yes, the clock setting can be set as you did it.

Also, please, do not forget to generate processor expert code in the main menu Project.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana