Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the use of the SCST library

Jump to solution
Derrick_Nexus
Contributor II

Hi,NXP community:

I want to add SCST kernel self-test code for kernel detection when using S32K146, now using IDE S32DS, when using API to call the test function found that m4_scst_exception_hard_fault1 in the test occurred an exception leading to program stuck. May I ask how to configure and use this SCST self-test library in the project? Is there something wrong with my configuration? debug check in m4_scst_exception_hard_fault1 runtime will always trigger jump to m4_scst_ISR_dispatcher, please help me find the reason, configuration is as follows:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
martinkaspar-r3
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This description looks like an issue with connected debugger which most probably stops SCST tests execution.

In case of the debugger is connected then exceptions triggered by SCST Library for testing purposes can be captured directly by the debugger, tests execution then stop in the m4_scst_ISR_dispatcher function.

To avoid this behavior, please configure your debugger not to capture exceptions!

E.g. for Lauterbach debugger this can be done by running the following commands:

TrOnchip.Set.HARDERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.BUSERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.CHKERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.MMERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.STATERR OFF

Hope this helps…

View solution in original post

1 Reply
martinkaspar-r3
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This description looks like an issue with connected debugger which most probably stops SCST tests execution.

In case of the debugger is connected then exceptions triggered by SCST Library for testing purposes can be captured directly by the debugger, tests execution then stop in the m4_scst_ISR_dispatcher function.

To avoid this behavior, please configure your debugger not to capture exceptions!

E.g. for Lauterbach debugger this can be done by running the following commands:

TrOnchip.Set.HARDERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.BUSERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.CHKERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.MMERR OFF

TrOnchip.Set.STATERR OFF

Hope this helps…