In what scenarios would the backdoor method be used to access ITCM and DTCM for S32K312?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what scenarios would the backdoor method be used to access ITCM and DTCM for S32K312?

Jump to solution
Chris-Sun
Contributor II
1. I am currently using the TCM of S32K312, which is a single-core processor.
However, the memory map provides addresses for ITCM_0 Backdoor and DTCM_0 Backdoor. What are their use cases? I think Direct method is sufficient for S32K312.

2. If I use ITCM_0 Backdoor and DTCM_0 Backdoor, do I need to add definitions in the MEMORY and SECTION sections of linker_flash_s32k312.ld?
Does anyone know where I can obtain a demo for accessing ITCM and DTCM using the Backdoor method?
Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. I am currently using the TCM of S32K312,

The reason is that only core has direct access as master. Other masters like DMA need to access the TCM memory via backdoor.

2. If I use ITCM_0 Backdoor and DTCM_0 Backdoor, do I need to add definitions in the MEMORY and SECTION sections of linker_flash_s32k312.ld?
Does anyone know where I can obtain a demo for accessing ITCM and DTCM using the Backdoor method?

You can have a look at the example here.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/DTCM-ITCM-example/m-p/1606827#M21008

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. I am currently using the TCM of S32K312,

The reason is that only core has direct access as master. Other masters like DMA need to access the TCM memory via backdoor.

You can have a look at the example here.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/DTCM-ITCM-example/m-p/1606827#M21008

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Chris-Sun
Contributor II

Hi @petervlna 

Thank you for your response to my post.

Your response resolved my confusion.

Best regards,
Chris

0 Kudos