How to use the readme.txt in S32K344 example AutoSAR project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the readme.txt in S32K344 example AutoSAR project?

cranes
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to build an example project from SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07.

C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Pwm_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Pwm_example_S32K344

To compile the project, I am trying to follow readme.txt in above folder. It is attached in this post.

I have some questions about it:

1. In line 28, it says "Make sure that all RTD plugins are already installed in the Tresos Studio plugins directory". 

Does it mean to install RTD to this folder C:\EB\tresos\plugins?

2. In line 59, it says "run "make build". Does MinGW make work? 

3. After running make, it says to specify T32_DIR. Which folder it should be?

C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Pwm_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Pwm_example_S32K344>c:/MinGW\bin\mingw32-make build
check_build_params.mk:18: *** Invalid path set to Trace32. The provided path: from project_parameters.mk T32_DIR=replace_t32_dir is invalid!.  Stop.

C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Pwm_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Pwm_example_S32K344>
C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Pwm_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Pwm_example_S32K344>c:/MinGW\bin\mingw32-make run
check_build_params.mk:18: *** Invalid path set to Trace32. The provided path: from project_parameters.mk T32_DIR=replace_t32_dir is invalid!.  Stop.

C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07\eclipse\plugins\Pwm_TS_T40D34M30I0R0\examples\EBT\S32K3XX\Pwm_example_S32K344>

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos
21 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

1. When installing the SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P07.exe you can select the EB Tresos installation directory or you can copy all "<mod>_TS_T40D34M30I0R0" directories and .JAR files to the "<Tresos Install Path>\plugins" directory.

For questions 2 and 3 refer to S32K3xx Basic Bring-Up for AUTOSAR MCAL and Real-Time Drivers (RTD) Based on EB Tresos, this is a training presentation that shows the steps to build and run the RTD examples for EB tresos. 

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hello VaneB,

Thank you for your reply.

Combining your answer to the first question and the presentation, the "make ..." need to be run in the example project folder under EB Tresos folder with RTD installed, right?

And S32DS serves only as a debugger, and it can't be used to build the project, right?  

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

Combining your answer to the first question and the presentation, the "make ..." need to be run in the example project folder under EB Tresos folder with RTD installed, right? Yes

And S32DS serves only as a debugger, and it can't be used to build the project, right? Yes, but you can also use it to work with the example codes AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR and create your own projects. the use of it depends of what you are looking for.

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hello VaneB,

Can you say more about this? What can this achieve?

use it to work with the example codes AUTOSAR and create your own projects.

In addition, one issue I am facing is that, when debugging the empty project which uses the .elf file created by "make build" under EB Tresos folder, the RTD functions can not be opened by clicking "open declaration", and it doesn't help to build the index. Can we achieve the same things as the non-autosar project which can be directly imported by S32DS?

cranes_1-1717709791952.png

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

Can you say more about this? What can this achieve? 

Sorry for not giving myself understanding correctly. S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform is an IDE for automotive devices that enables editing, compiling, and debugging of designs. It is a development tool with no code-size limitations, based on open-source software including Eclipse IDE, GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), and GNU Debugger (GDB).

In addition, one issue I am facing is that, when debugging the empty project which uses the .elf file created by "make build" under EB Tresos folder, the RTD functions can not be opened by clicking "open declaration", and it doesn't help to build the index. Can we achieve the same things as the non-autosar project which can be directly imported by S32DS?

Since it is a blank project, the corresponding libraries are not created, which does not allow you to navigate through the functions. If you want to analyze the code in depth, I recommend creating a project from an example. I am attaching a link to a HOWTO that explains in detail how to create a new project from an example.

HOWTO: S32 Design Studio - Create a New S32DS Project from Example

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hello, VaneB,

Yes I understand that. But I mean AutoSAR project.

For AutoSAR project, from the guideline presentation you shared, it looks that S32DS only can server as a debugger.

Is it still possible to use S32DS to navigate through the APIs in the library that the example project is using, just as what we did on non-AutoSAR project? 

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

If you use S32DS as a debug perspective will not be possible to navigate through the functions. You will have to create a project as with a non-AutoSAR project. 

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

Yes, that's what I am looking for. Do you have information about how to create an AutoSAR project as with creating a non-AutoSAR project by using S32DS?

I have tried below two ways and they don't work out.

1. Generate project files from EB tresos in the original folder of an AutoSAR example project and then open the project in S32DS.

2. Copy the project files generated from EB Tresos to an empty project created in S32DS.

It would be really useful and important to open it in S32DS as it would allow navigating through functions.

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

Creating a project in S32DS using MCAL (AUROSAR compliant) requires the installation of the S32K3 development packages and the RTD package of the version you are using. If you already work with IP examples (non-AUTOSAR) I infer you have already installed those packages. So, you had to create a project from an example and select the ones without IP in the name. 

If you want to create a project from scratch, follow the instructions in the following link. It is for S32K1 devices but you can use it as a reference.

HOWTO: Create a Blinking LED example project using S32K1xx RTD with AUTOSAR

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

I tried this way and got stuck in selecting the driver modules and configuring the peripherals as they are different from S32K144's modules and peripherals. Lots of errors come up even after just adding a module. And no idea how to fix those errors.

Since how to select modules and to configure the peripherals are unknown and complicated, it is necessary to refer to the example projects. If I still want to use the AutoSAR example project instead of creating one from the scratch, is there any way to import it in S32DS?

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

Could you please share the errors S32DS shows, additionally please share your installation details of S32DS to validate that you do not miss any requirements. 

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

Here is what's installed in my S32DS:

cranes_0-1718215131540.png

The errors are like this:

cranes_1-1718215388141.png

These are the components added without configuring anything.

cranes_2-1718215432885.png

After adding the components of Dio and Ecu without configuring anything, the errors stay the same.

cranes_3-1718215713788.png

After removing Siul2_Port in Drivers, the errors keep the same.

cranes_4-1718215781874.png

Regards,

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

I tested it from my side and I cannot reproduce your issue. I am attaching an image of my installation details, please help me validate that you have the same package version. 

VaneB_0-1718226195190.png

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

I am using S32DS 3.5. I didn't find the same page as shown in the screenshot. This is what I see:

cranes_0-1718231741253.png

It look having everything. Although the information about RTD is not clear, its detailed info can be found in the screenshot shared in my last post.

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

The problem looks to be not related to a missing package, so let's try updating the packages listed above and then delete your project and create a new one.

• S32 Design Studio Debugger Core
  • S32 Design Studio Platform package
  • S32 Design Studio Platform Tools package
  • GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support
0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

They are updated like this:

cranes_0-1718489024565.png

But at the end of updating, the message is shown as below. I am not sure if they are actually updated.

cranes_1-1718489074389.png

The log file is attached. I don't know how to interpret the messages in this log.

And then I tried to create a new project, the same errors come up after adding the component "Port".

Regards,

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

We understand that reinstalling the IDE may sometimes be annoying or difficult. Still, some customers have solved similar problems by uninstalling and reinstalling the software and using the default C drive location for all installation locations. Could you try to see if this works for you? 

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hello VaneB,

I didn't uninstall the old one as I still need to use it for other projects. I installed a brand new version S32DS at C:/NXP/S32DS.3.5_b (The original one is at C:/NXP/S32DS.3.5). The installed packages are like this:

cranes_0-1718682824288.png

Then create a new application project. This time, there is no "OS" in the components. But still get the same errors after adding "Port". 

cranes_1-1718682885091.png

Any idea about what else might be missing?

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cranes 

I think that the problem could be related to a typo in the files located at C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\eclipse\mcu_data\components\PlatformSDK_S32K3 like Port_PBcfg.c as mentioned in the shared message error.  Please share the files mentioned in the messages errors, to verify if this is the situation. Also, please share your full installation details and how the project was created.

0 Kudos

cranes
Contributor III

Hi VaneB,

The two files are attached.

This is the screenshot of the installation details. I don't see how it can be exported.

cranes_0-1718765440893.png

This is how I generate the project:

1. Create a new S32DS application project

cranes_1-1718765498655.png

2. set project name and MCU

cranes_2-1718765558912.png

3. configure the project

cranes_3-1718765617644.png

4. open the .mex file and disable the Pin configuration tool

cranes_4-1718765717770.png

5. open the peripheral tool and click "+" next to MCAL and choose "Port" in the pop-up window

cranes_5-1718765788756.png

6. click "OK" and then I see this

cranes_6-1718765857994.png

In step 3, I tried choose "No IO" for "IO support" as well. And the result is the same.

Thanks!

Crane

0 Kudos