Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS26 drivers not available for S32K322 - only for S32K344

Jump to solution
abemat
Contributor III

Dear support team,

I would like to include the FS26 sbc drivers in my S32K322 based project . Sadly I am not able to do this with this MCU, while I am able to do this when I use S32K344 as my MCU (see attachments). I do not see a reason why this external device driver can not be supported for both MCUs.

How can I fix this? I want to import the driver into my project and configure it through S32DS peripherals tool.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Mr. Matser,

FS26 1.0.0 was built on K3 RTD 2.0.0, K322 support was added to K3 RTD 2.0.1, so the FS26 component in DS is limited to MCUs that had support in RTD 2.0.0 (K314, K324, K344)… Possible workaround, but not quite ideal is:

- To file 1.pngadd S32K322 wherever are mentioned devices 2.png

- Copy this file 3.png to the same folder, but for S32K322

Then the component comes to the project and generates configuration files, but an error is reported that the driver is not added to the project, so it is necessary to manually add all the driver files to the project.

Otherwise, a new K3 bundle with K3 RTD 2.0.3 should be released, which should also include compatible FS26 and in May we will release FS26 2.0.0 for K3 RTD 3.0.0.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Mr. Matser,

FS26 1.0.0 was built on K3 RTD 2.0.0, K322 support was added to K3 RTD 2.0.1, so the FS26 component in DS is limited to MCUs that had support in RTD 2.0.0 (K314, K324, K344)… Possible workaround, but not quite ideal is:

- To file 1.pngadd S32K322 wherever are mentioned devices 2.png

- Copy this file 3.png to the same folder, but for S32K322

Then the component comes to the project and generates configuration files, but an error is reported that the driver is not added to the project, so it is necessary to manually add all the driver files to the project.

Otherwise, a new K3 bundle with K3 RTD 2.0.3 should be released, which should also include compatible FS26 and in May we will release FS26 2.0.0 for K3 RTD 3.0.0.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

Copying the files worked flawlessly for the SBC drivers. Copying for WDG left some errors regarding a missing variable which I will debug later.

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

edit: copied reply to correct comment chain

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply. In my initial try to achieve this I forgot to copy the file, I will try this soon.

However, as you note, this solution is not ideal, since I will gladly do this, but I do not want to bother all my teammates to do the same thing. Therefore, having a separate RTD 2.0.3 release would be great - and I hope not too much effort on your side.

I understand that separately major releases are coming, but as you know, when a major release works as expected and the new version does not have features/fixes we do not deem of enough value to go through an update path, we will stick with the currently working major version.

Best regards,

Abel

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

I see that a new driver has been released with support for S32K322: "FS26 SBC AUTOSAR 4.4 Version 1.0.0 CD02". However, when installing, I'm running into an error I can not easily debug, since no error messages are shown and I do not know where to find the logs.

Error message:

installing_cd02.png

This message occured before asking me to accept a NXP certificate (which wasw necessary for other RTD installs). The install progress was half way the progress bar when it stopped if that helps.

Installation information:

current_installation.png

 (I checked if deinstalling RTD2.0.0 had any difference - it did not)

update_sites.png

0 Kudos
Akhil1
Contributor I

Hello @abemat,

Did you solve the Issue?

0 Kudos
abemat
Contributor III

I am using Solved: Re: FS26 drivers not available for S32K322 - only ... - NXP Community as my temporary solution.

Currently S32DS 3.5 is out with RTD 3.0.0 and with an updated Fs26 driver. I have not checked, but hope that it works effortless when updating at that time.

0 Kudos
Akhil1
Contributor I

Hello @abemat ,

I am currently working with S32K312, I am trying to go the controller into standby mode and wakeup using SBC FS26 .

Can you please help me, If you have any Idea ?

Like FS26 example with S32K312.....

Regards

Akhil

0 Kudos