Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Launching code in S32DS v3.4

kolyanimohanto
Contributor II

Project: Blinking of LEDs

kolyanimohanto_0-1720414449844.png

I am using S32DS v3.4 with S32K3X4 T-172 Evaluation Board.

How should I overcome this error of launching the program and flashing it on the board?

What is the procedure for debugging and what type of debugging should be used (for this and all other programs further)?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kolyanimohanto,

Are you using an external debugger? Or are you connecting through the USB from the EVB? Please make sure the elf file is correctly declared in the debugger settings:

Julin_AragnM_0-1720460150973.png

and also make sure the .elf file is correctly generated in the "Debug_FLASH" folder:

Julin_AragnM_1-1720459893639.png

You can find the instructions for generating, building and running the example inside the "description.txt" file attached to the project:

3. Generating, building and running the example application
    3.1 Generating the S32 configuration
Before running the example a configuration needs to be generated. First go to Project Explorer View in S32 DS and select the current project. Select the "S32 Configuration Tool" menu then click on the desired configuration tool (Pins, Cocks, Peripherals etc...).
Clicking on any one of those will generate all the components. Make the desired changes (if any) then click on the "S32 Configuration Tool->Update Code" button.

3.2 Compiling the application
Select the configuration to be built: FLASH (Debug_FLASH) by left clicking on the downward arrow corresponding to the build button in eclipse.
        Use Project > Build to build the project.
Wait for the build action to be completed before continuing to the next step. Check the compiler console for error messages; upon completion, the *.elf binary file should be created.

3.3 Running the application on the board
Go to Run and select Debug Configurations. There will be a debug configuration for this project:

Configuration Name                                    Description
    ---------------------------                       ---------------------
   Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32K344_Debug_FLASH_PNE       Debug the FLASH 
                                                      configuration using 
                                                      PEmicro probe

Select the desired debug configuration and click on Launch. Now the perspective will change to the Debug Perspective. Use the controls to control the program flow.

Best regards,
Julián

kolyanimohanto
Contributor II

Thanks for your response, it was very helpful. 

Currently I am using the on-board debugger only.

I reached till RUN but in the debugger section, the name  appearred as Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32K344 Debug_FLASH . So, I forcefully changed it to Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32K344 Debug_FLASH_PNE. 

And after the debug process this message popped up :

kolyanimohanto_0-1720502406066.png

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kolyanimohanto,

Could you firstly test with a blank project, to confirm if the board connects correctly?

You can try changing the "Enable semihosting" option and running your debugger to see if that solves the issue. You can also try to lower the shift speed from 5000 Khz to maybe 3000 Khz or add 200ms reset delay into the debug configurations as these PEMicro posts suggest:

There are also these community post, which solve the issue by reinstalling the PEMicro driver's and correctly configuring the board:

Please look at them as well.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos