cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board cannot be reached after full chip erase

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am faced several times with this problem. After select the option 'Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase' in the debug configurations(screenshot1), the board (S32K148) becomes unreachable. Trying to connect to the board with the debugger pops up an error window that I attached it as a screenshot. Then, the s32k148 becomes unconnected at all. I think this could be due to the option to completely erase, or manipulation of a memory area that shouldn't be deleted in some way that I don't know. I cannot even try to reset procedure because I did not have any connection to the board. Have you ever faced with this kind of problem? 

Best Regards.

PS: While searching for this problem, I found the question( https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32-Design-Studio-Flash-Mass-erase/m-p/826467 )that may be related to the my problem. Is there any solution to make the board connectable?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi nevozade,

Please halt the MCU by P&E Recovery Utility, refer: Can't use PEmicro debugger with S32K118EVB2-Q048
Then you should be able to flash it again.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hi @Robin_Shen ,

I had tried this halting method before, but it does not work because the board never becomes halted even I cycle power many times. Briefly, Recovery Utility does not make halted our board. It can be caused because voltage level, any idea?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When you power the board by USB_MICRO(J24), does the board emulate BOOTLOADER or S32K148EVB?
If it was S32K148EVB, then OpenSDA is able to halt the MCU

If you want to cycle power the MCU when running Recovery Utility Tool:
1.connect pin1-2 J8(using P5V0=P5V0_V1SBC). connect pin2-3 J7(VDD=P5V0)
2.power the OpenSDA by USB_MICRO(J24)
3.cycle power the MCU by J9 external power supply

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hi @Robin_Shen ,

Actually thanks for your answers. However, I do not have S32K148 EVB, I just use the MCU, not evaluation board indeed. Thus, I cannot configurate/check any pins that you mentioned. It is a printed card that uses MCU of s32k148. Any solutions for this case?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Make sure the debug interface is correct. Check all VDD has powered.

4.2 JTAG and TRACE interface.png

Did you ever enable CSEc or secure MCU?

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

I cannot figure out what you referred with that image. Moreover, I have never enable security for this MCU before.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SWD_CLK recommend connected external pull-down resistor.
SWD_DIO recommend connected external pull-up resistor.
RESET recommend connect external pull-up resistor.

0 Kudos