cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G3 Bootloader only starts A core with hse feature through qspi boot mode

Quincy_Wen
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

If I want to use Bootloader to start the A-core image with hse feature normally, what should I do?Are there any examples or documentation to refer to? Am I missing some configuration or steps? Do you have any suggestions?

Referring to AN13750, I can use this Bootloader to successfully start the A-core image without HSE feature. The A-core image with HSE feature can also be started normally from the SD card boot mode. However, it fails to use Bootloader through qspi boot. The phenomenon is that uart0 has no output.

BSP40 hse is compiled through yocto, as follows:

DISTRO_FEATURES:append = " hse "
DISTRO_FEATURES:append = " pkcs11-hse "
NXP_FIRMWARE_LOCAL_DIR = "/home/work/NXP/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp/downloads"
HSE_VERSION = "0_2_22_0"
HSE_LIC = "license.rtf"
HSE_SOC_REV = "rev1.1"
HSE_LIC_MD5 = "a1bda359fc5cdcfca04f84834841a5ca"

EB's Bootloader configuration is as follows:

Reset handler address :0x34085000  Load image at address (RAM) :0x3407b2c0

Snipaste_2024-06-05_17-12-56.png

SW:

EB tresos Studio27.1

Integration_Reference_Examples_S32G3_2023_02

SW32_RTD_4.4_4.0.0

BSP40

HSE_FW_S32G3XX_0_2_22_0

HW: S32G399A-RDB3

Best regards,
Quincy

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that AN13750 only provides the steps to implement a secure boot with HSE-FW, since a patch is provided for the Bootloader.c file as well as including the HSE-FW under the IVT.

Have you confirmed that all steps are followed under AN13750? Since your BSP version is different from the one being shown under AN13750, care should be taken.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Quincy_Wen
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your prompt reply.Yes, I have confirmed that all steps are followed under AN13750.Moreover, I am familiar with AN13750 and have successfully implemented multicore applications on both RDB2 and RDB3 by following the documentation. As I mentioned earlier, I can boot an A-core image without the hse feature using the Bootloader, so I can confirm that all my steps are followed under AN13750. However, it should be clarified that I didn't enable secure boot. Could this affect booting an A-core image with hse enabled?Do you have any suggestions on how to implement the title?

Best regards,
Quincy

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We might be misunderstanding the overall inquiry, if so we do apologize.

AN13750 shows the usage of secure boot under the respective steps, but we understand that you are not implementing them, hence we understand that not all steps are being handled. Again, we could be misunderstanding.

As for the secure boot on both the bootloader and the ATF, we have the following comments:

"

The secure boot only protect the bootloader, bootloader could call HSE service to authenticate TF-A before releasing A53 core.

"

For which, only the bootloader is intended to be boot from secure boot (under the IVT), all additional applications loaded by the bootloader, need to be authenticated by the developer.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos