Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 is in Kernel panic after s32g debug code use M7 core

Jump to solution
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi , All I use s32g274ardb2 board to test the can drivers with M7 core

I use S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.4 to import can example and debug the project using PE debugger in  s32g274ardb2 board , then it can run and debug it.

Ada_Lovelace_0-1682666300977.png

Ada_Lovelace_1-1682666557884.png

Ada_Lovelace_2-1682666576976.png

Now I want  to run LINUX BSP in A53 core , so  I writing the image into the SD card and set the switch setting.

But it can not uboot successfully.

I use the old and new image and dtb (Tested and uboot successfully before debug the code ), now it all reports errors.

Ada_Lovelace_3-1682666745536.png

Ada_Lovelace_4-1682666772243.png

doubt the image or SD card has problem, so I change it , it also failed. The board settings do not change.

So I doubt that it has something wrong with the previous debugging code with m7 kernel and effect the A53 boot.

Please help me to find out the problem, thank you.

I upload the sd card image.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,

I  try NXP BSP 33.0 image, it can uboot successfully.

So I  delete the directory: build_s32g274ardb2,the  I use command: ./sources/meta-alb/scripts/host-prepare.sh  and  . nxp-setup-alb.sh -m s32g274ardb2 and writing image to SD card , it can boot well. 

But I have one problem,  directory:build_s32g274ardb2 has no work_shared directory after I rebuild it, can I miss some steps ?  Can you tell me the right streps to rebuild it? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have not seen this behavior before. Have you tried to re-flash the SD card with the provided NXP BSP? We have debugged before with the SD card inserted and we can change without problems.

Since it seems that uboot cannot find the rootfs partition, we could also recommend trying the commands provided on "Chapter 4.2.1 Booting from SD" [Page 33, Linux BSP33.0 User Manual for S32G2 Platforms, 07/2022], to see if this can provide a bootable image.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

548797BF-B0F5-4F63-B4D6-FC63DACED229.jpeg

Hi,Deniel

I use the command sudo dd  to writing the image to SD card,it has two files:Image and s32g274ardb2.dtb,I upload the files,can you use it to test it?

I have original files which NXP provides IMAGE and s32g274ardb2.dtb in sd card,I copy it from sd card.how can I reflash it into SD card? Copy them into SD card or need other files?

And I format the SD card and use sudo dd command ,formation will  effect it?

Booting from SD card steps,I have tried many times before debugger,it always works,so I think the board settings will be ok

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For reflashing the SD card, you can use an image flasher tool (like Etcher) which reformats your SD card and creates the needed partitions. The file you need to input the program is the one located at:

"binaries_auto_linux_bsp33.0_s32g2_pfe\s32g274ardb2\fsl-image-auto-s32g274ardb2.sdcard"

The naming convention may vary depending on the BSP version you are using.

As for the settings, we may recommend double checking: SW10, SW3 and SW4, to validate the positions, since it is common to change them due to development reasons. For the boot configurations, you could also look into the RDB2 User Guide, available under the RDB2 product page, S32G2 Vehicle Networking Reference Design | NXP Semiconductors) to confirm your setup.

Once the SD is flashed and the RDB2 is configured to boot from SD, you should get an output from UART0 under the following configuration on your serial terminal (COM number may vary):

DanielAguirre_0-1682965348508.png

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,

I download the Etcher and reformats my  SD card, I put fsl-image-auto-s32g274ardb2.sdcard into the Etcher, and writing image into SD card.

Ada_Lovelace_0-1683170706970.pngAda_Lovelace_1-1683170719836.png

Then I set the switch settings:SW9 SW10 SW3 SW4 SW5 SW6 SW7

Ada_Lovelace_2-1683170769123.pngAda_Lovelace_3-1683170789150.pngAda_Lovelace_4-1683170805972.png

Then I try to uboot from  SD card. but it reports erros all the same.

Ada_Lovelace_5-1683170887637.png

I upload the UART0 log, I do not know what it's wrong with it.

I test many times uboot from SD card , it always work. But I do not know why it do not work after debugging the application from M7 core.

Please help me how to fix it or can you provide me fsl-image-auto-s32g274ardb2.sdcard? I will try it again, but I think it is not the problem about the SD card , I think it is something wrong with the board.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. For the log you have shared, we see you are using BSP36, and that several modules are missing (i.e. pfeng and SJA1110 FW, they should not be the cause of the issue). We understand that you are not using a provided NXP BSP image, but it seems that you are generating it yourself.

Ca you help us verify with the provided NXP BSP 33.0 image to confirm the behavior is constant? Also, can you help us confirm if using other SD cards bring the same problem?

For the NXP BSP 33.0 image, you can follow the below link:

BSP for S32 MCUs and Processors | NXP Semiconductors

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,

I  try NXP BSP 33.0 image, it can uboot successfully.

So I  delete the directory: build_s32g274ardb2,the  I use command: ./sources/meta-alb/scripts/host-prepare.sh  and  . nxp-setup-alb.sh -m s32g274ardb2 and writing image to SD card , it can boot well. 

But I have one problem,  directory:build_s32g274ardb2 has no work_shared directory after I rebuild it, can I miss some steps ?  Can you tell me the right streps to rebuild it? 

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know you can bott the A53 core again.

The following thread could be of use on regards of the "work-shared" folder:

yocto - Unable to get source files - Stack Overflow

As for the correct steps on how to build the NXP BSP, you should be able to find the steps inside the corresponding GitHub release page:

GitHub - nxp-auto-linux/auto_yocto_bsp at release/bsp36.0

Also, a patch has been provided on regards of the BSP build, since there is an effort of migrating from Code Aurora to GitHub, the following community thread shows the corresponding steps with the usage of the patch:

[bluebox] Yocto issues with Codeaurora relics on G... - NXP Community

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos