cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock_manager, CAN LIN clock configuration issue on S32DS PA V2.1

Jump to solution
bingwang312
Contributor III

I am trying SDK 3.0.3 example: "can_pal_mpc5744p", it seems some issues on clock_manager, see picture:

1----CAN transceiver usually can use max. 1MHz for communication, but the clock_manager is always 100Mhz, it is gray color, i could not modify the frequency.

2----LIN bus max 20k bit/s as per industrial standard, but here for LIN0/LIN1 port it is always 100Mhz and not allowed to modify.

3----the listed prescale factors are not enough to lower down peripheral clock frequency, some external devices are usually low speed which needs MCU clock to be low , not so high in the clock_manager

should I look forward to next version of S32DS ?

bingwang312_0-1639205287604.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @bingwang312,

I'm afraid that you had a misunderstanding: What you're mentioning are the clock sources for peripherals, which are configured by clock_manager regarding the clock tree as per Reference Manual, and they are NOT the baudrate frequencies outside the buses. If you want to change the baudrate frequencies, you shall need to look into each module, e.g for CAN:

namnguyenviet_0-1640071335153.png

Best Regards,

Nam

View solution in original post

1 Reply
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @bingwang312,

I'm afraid that you had a misunderstanding: What you're mentioning are the clock sources for peripherals, which are configured by clock_manager regarding the clock tree as per Reference Manual, and they are NOT the baudrate frequencies outside the buses. If you want to change the baudrate frequencies, you shall need to look into each module, e.g for CAN:

namnguyenviet_0-1640071335153.png

Best Regards,

Nam