显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

S32K1xx SDK Not Available after S32 DS for ARM 2.2 Installed on Linux

跳至解决方案
2,819 次查看
tsweaver
Contributor II

I've been using S32DS in Windows for quite some time and am comfortable using it.  I've just recently installed S32 DS for ARM 2.2 on Ubuntu Linux 20.04. To do this, I completed all of the prerequisites that are identified in S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 Installation Guide and then executed the S32DS_ARM_Linux_v2.2.bin file.  The installation went smoothly and I'm able to run S32DS. 

After running S32DS for the first time, I was prompted to install a couple of items in the S32DS Extensions and Updates and did so.  I then executed the Check for Updates option in the Help menu and was prompted to upgrade a couple items. After restarting S32DS, I ran the Install New Software... check in the Help menu and selected All Sources.  Eventually, I received a list of items and there were a couple items showing as needing updated.

I've attached some files to show what I have after completing all of those upgrades.

The issue I have is that the SDK does not seem to be active/enabled even though it shows up in the list of packages/features.  For example:

1. When I select New and "S32DS Application Project", I select S32K148 target and "ARM Bare-Metal 32-bit Target Binary Toolchain".  Then, I click the "..." option for the SDKs and all I see is FreeMaster_S32xx and S32K14x_AMMCLIB options.

2. When I select New and "S32DS Project from Example", I do not see any of the SDK example projects.

3. There is no Processor Expert menu option and no Processor Expert options under "Show View".

What do I need to do to "enable" the S32K1xx SDK?

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
1,020 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, this is not documented appropriately. Current SDK and RTD packages are not supported in Linux. It was discussed several times here on the community. For example:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32K3-SDK-Re-Attach-RTD-SDK-from-command-line/m-p/146...

I was told there’s a plan to support RTD in Linux and currently it looks like it will be available in next version of S32 Design Studio 3.6.

Regards,
Lukas

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
6 回复数
2,702 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tsweaver 

unfortunately the SDK is not supported on Linux host. The only option is to use Windows.

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励
回复
2,689 次查看
tsweaver
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

Wow, that's an extraordinary claim! If the SDK is not supported on Linux, then Linux is not really a supported target for S32DS.

1. Is this true for all versions of S32DS or just 2.2? 

2. Is this limitation documented anywhere? 

3. To build on Linux, I suppose one could copy the SDK source files and make them part of the project. Does NXP offer any guidance for this process? 

0 项奖励
回复
1,021 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, this is not documented appropriately. Current SDK and RTD packages are not supported in Linux. It was discussed several times here on the community. For example:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32K3-SDK-Re-Attach-RTD-SDK-from-command-line/m-p/146...

I was told there’s a plan to support RTD in Linux and currently it looks like it will be available in next version of S32 Design Studio 3.6.

Regards,
Lukas

0 项奖励
回复
1,017 次查看
tsweaver
Contributor II

A limitation as major as this should be noted in bold letters all over the S32DS documentation.  This is simply not acceptable and has led to significant wasted time.

0 项奖励
回复
2,784 次查看
tsweaver
Contributor II

Why was S32K1xx SDK 3.0.0 not installed when I installed S32DS .2.2?  What do I need to do to get it?

I installed S32DS from this link:

S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 installation for Linux910.4 MBS32DS_ARM_Linux_v2.2.bin
0 项奖励
回复
2,805 次查看
tsweaver
Contributor II

I will add that the SDK is not physically present in software folder.  On Windows, I believe the SDK is installed when you install S32DS.  Apparently that not the case for Linux or I'm not using the right installer.  Thanks for the help.

trent@Ubuntu20:~/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2.2/S32DS/software$ ls -l
total 20
drwxrwxr-x 5 trent trent 4096 Mar 19 13:12 AMMCLIB_v1.1.18
drwxrwxr-x 5 trent trent 4096 Mar 19 13:12 AMMCLIB_v1.1.19
drwxrwxr-x 5 trent trent 4096 Mar 19 13:12 AMMCLIB_v1.1.20
drwxrwxr-x 8 trent trent 4096 Mar 19 13:12 FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2_0
drwxrwxr-x 7 trent trent 4096 Mar 19 13:12 Sample_Drivers_for_KEAxxx_Evaluation_grade
trent@Ubuntu20:~/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2.2/S32DS/software$

0 项奖励
回复