How to build S32kXX platform in IAR Embedded Workbench using make/gmake..?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build S32kXX platform in IAR Embedded Workbench using make/gmake..?

venkateswarabal
Contributor II

I am using S32DS for ARM (Ver:2018.R1 )on S32K116 projects and would like to use IAREW(Ver:IAREW 6.0) to do the compile.

For this I had try to Install IAR plugn in S32DS.but i unable to find Plugins for ARM at rightside in Plugin mananger see attachment it showing automatically for 78K plugins evnthough path selected manually.

please clarify

Is it possible to install ARM(7.20.x to 7.80.x) targets & its plugins in IAREW 6.0 ver..?

How to build my S32K plotform in IAR using make/gmake..?what are the extra plugins required.?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'm afraid IAR Embedded Workbench v6.x plugin is not supported/tested by S32DS project wizard.

The supported/tested versions of IAR eclipse plugins are v7.x and v8.11.x. (see S32 Design Studio for ARM 2018.R1 (Windows/Linux) released! )

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_32.png

Installing 78K plug-in target has no influence on the S32DS (new project wizard) at all.

IAR eclipse plugin does not generate any makefile. The tool-chain exe (iccarm, ilinkarm,...) are called internally by the plugin - the makefile is not generated at all (see the screenshot with grayed makefile generation options).

pastedImage_33.png

Anyway I'd recommend you to contact IAR support regarding the compatibility across different versions + if there is any way to generate makefile since both eclipse plugin and tool-chain are developed by IAR.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos