Design studio IDE for s32 platform 3.5 version not generating power manager configuration files

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design studio IDE for s32 platform 3.5 version not generating power manager configuration files

Ankit_Rana
Contributor II

Hello Support team, 

I need one help regarding porting of code. 
I'm working on s32k144 series controller. 
I'm having base code in design studio IDE for ARM version 2.0 that uses processor expert tool for code generation (with EAR S32kSDK 0.8.6 and freeRTOS version 8.2.1). 
I'm migrating this base code to Design studio ide for s32 platform IDE 3.5 Build id: 231128 (Update with s32k1 support package. 

Started code from freeRTOS example code and added required low level driver components and configured them, able to generate files same as the code base. (timers,CAN,LPSPI etc. ) 
In code base with arm 2.0 there is power manager components , generated by processor expert. Please consider below attachment.

power-manager_interrupt_manager.PNG

in design studio ide 3.5 i have added interrupt manager and power manager components from manage components window please consider below image. it has added driver files to corresponding folders, but it is not generating power management related file and not giving configuration option for configuring power modes (RUN mode, HSRUN mode, VLPR mode). 
component_management.PNG

please suggest on this for generating power configuration. If I add files manually from old code will it work? 
Please help me out here, Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks. 

@Jiri@ZhangJennie@BlackNight@Robin_Shen@VaneB
#s3

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Try adding power_manager component:
power_manager.png
It is recommended to install S32K1 SDK RTM 4.0.3 with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.4.
Or install S32K1 RTD 2.0.x with S32DS Extensions and Updates in S32DS v3.5.
Do not use S32K1 SDK 4.0.1 with S32DS v3.5.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Ankit_Rana
Contributor II

Hi @Robin_Shen  Thanks for quick response. 
As there are lots of SDK versions and IDEs, and that too are not backward compatible. It pretty confusing.

So please give clarification on below thing. 
Our target MCU is S32k144, Application is for automotive use. 
Code base we are having is with design studio IDE for ARM version 2.0 that uses processor expert tool for code generation (with EAR S32kSDK 0.8.6 and FreeRTOS version 8.2.1). 

I want to use suitable environment that is stable for migration, with good documentation, gives less hiccups at the time of development.  as I want to avoid unnecessary back and forth.  

As per your suggestion

I have Install S32K1 RTD 2.0.x with in S32DS v3.5. but it is not having FreeRTOS component. 

Hi @Robin_Shen Thanks for quick response. 
As there are lots of SDK versions and IDEs, and that too are not backward compatible. It pretty confusing.

So please give clarification on below thing. 
Our target MCU is S32k144, Application is for automotive use. 
Code base we are having is with design studio IDE for ARM version 2.0 that uses processor expert tool for code generation (with EAR S32kSDK 0.8.6 and FreeRTOS version 8.2.1). 

I want to use suitable environment that is stable, with good documentation, gives less hiccups at the time of development.  as I want to avoid unnecessary back and forth.  

As per your suggestion we will not use Do not use S32K1 SDK 4.0.1 with S32DS v3.5

I have Install S32K1 RTD 2.0.x with in S32DS v3.5. but it is not having FreeRTOS component. So how can I add freeRTOS component for this, looks like other SDK with RTD 2.0.0 is required. 

Ankit_Rana_0-1704535209427.png

@Jiri@ZhangJennie@BlackNight@Robin_Shen@VaneB

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes. It's confusing because there are many SDK versions and IDEs, and they're not backwards compatible either.
However, for users using FreeRTOS, it is recommended to click the S32K1 Reference Software download link on the S32K1 web page. Then select ->Automotive SW - S32K1 - FreeRTOS

Here you will see that there are only a few versions of S32K1 - FreeRTOS. Install the corresponding version of S32DS\S32K1 RTD according to the content in the Release Note.

Automotive SW - S32K1 - FreeRTOS.png

After download SW32K1_S32M24x_FreeRTOS_10_5_1_UOS_2_0_0_DS_updatesite_D2308.zip. Please refer to Offline Package Installation Setup of S32DS Extensions & Updates: Explanation and How To Use

0 Kudos