cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EEPROM at 0xC00 in the S12XEP MPU for storage

Jump to solution
wb9ypa
Contributor II

I tried to use the EEPROM space between 0xC00 and 0XFFF, but, when power is removed and re-applied the memory loses what was previously stored.  The datasheet states that writing to EEPROM is automatic so I must be missing something here.  I have tried finding assembly language examples using the XEP's internal D-FLASH memory and the explanation given in the data sheet in that section appear to be cryptic so it's difficult to put all of the pieces together. I started coding based on the simple flow chart on page 1173 of the S12XFTM1024K5V2 module documentation, but understanding how to use the FCCOB register or setting a "Field Margin Level" is beyond my comprehension without further explanation.  If there are any reasonable examples of how to read and write to the EEPROM at the address starting at 0xC00 then I would be very happy.  I have no one else to turn to for help with this. I hope I am not too hopeless for anyone to help me with this.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
wb9ypa
Contributor II

Thank you Ladislav,

This was a great help to me and I appreciate your help with all of this!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I can recommend the application notes:

cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN3490.pdf

cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN3743.pdf

There are two examples for EEEPROM in the packages at https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329209    (search for EEE in the name of examples)

BTW, C00~FFF is only a Ram which can be used as a memory space (interface) for EEPROM. You can find also the example how it is used as a RAM only.

I believe these examples will help you to understand.

Best regards,

Ladislav

wb9ypa
Contributor II

Thank you Ladislav,

This was a great help to me and I appreciate your help with all of this!

0 Kudos