CodeWarrior Debug of NAND Based UBOOT (LS1043A)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Debug of NAND Based UBOOT (LS1043A)

tmorrison
Contributor III

Hi,

We have a custom board - largely based upon the NXP LS1043A-RGW Development board.

U-boot is working well enough that I have it booting with SD Card, then tftp'ing a

custom kernel.itb image that I built.

I am working with the LSDK 18.03 Flex-builder (I know its old, but its the only one that has

patches that allow building of the RGW version - which is significantly different than RDB)

Now, I have built a nand version of uboot, tftp the nand binary and write it into the nand flash

I confirm the RCW words are programmed, but I am not booting. I try to use CodeWarrior

and it doesn't seem to connect to the board (yes, I know how to setup a debug of SPL/U-boot,

I had to do that for the SD Card version).

Should I be able to debug NAND version from CodeWarrior Tap.

Tom

ps: I have a suspicion that there may be something wrong with SW-6, but I want to

make sure that I am trying to do something that is impossible before talking to

my hardware engineer who might not be very happy with this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to section "8.1 U-Boot debug" in C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2019.01\CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\Help\PDF\ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf to debug u-boot.

Please refer to section "2. Debug u-boot with CodeWarrior for ARMv8" in https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-331981  to debug u-boot with the attach method.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

tmorrison
Contributor III

Hi

I have done this often - when it is SD Card....

But, same procedure should work with NAND - CORRECT?

tom

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tom,

The same procedure works with NAND u-boot.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos