cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix your bugs, Processor Expert?

Jump to solution
AndreiLuchuk
Contributor I

I found a bug where PE does not set the right registers. Can I fix this issue if I know the correct setting, or does it go into Notes? 

for example, I am using FTM2 on mc9s08pt60. Setting Edge Control to Rising/Falling should reflect in FTM2_C0SC[ELSB:ELSA] but its not, and I have to set it manually after init(). Is it a simple xml file which controls these setting, or is it more complex? 

As I understand it, PE is a complex tool, so bugs are bound to happen. What's Freescale's position on this? Is the user left to fend for themselves, or do we have an option other than a TSR? Thanks for your feedback!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I think you will not be able to modify PEx driver directly (the files are encrupted), generaly your step with workaround in inti. was correct. In this case of existing workaround of the issue is the bug fixed in the next release.

However what I am missing in this issue is the following:

- version you use (CW + PEx) - please note in case you are using some older verison, there is possibility that the bug was already fixed in some newer version

- could you please provide the project that leads you to getting the error

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I think you will not be able to modify PEx driver directly (the files are encrupted), generaly your step with workaround in inti. was correct. In this case of existing workaround of the issue is the bug fixed in the next release.

However what I am missing in this issue is the following:

- version you use (CW + PEx) - please note in case you are using some older verison, there is possibility that the bug was already fixed in some newer version

- could you please provide the project that leads you to getting the error

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos