cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsl_debug_console

paul50485
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to remove fsl_debug_console from my Processor Expert project but when I remove it I am generating an error probably due to a referenced component.  I am running BareMetal OS on an MK22. What component needs fsl_debug_console? Is there a way to run without it?

Thanks

Paul

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

can you share/post your project?

Erich

0 Kudos

paul50485
Contributor I

Hi Erik,

I found a dependency for fsl_debug_console in USB. That fixed the error but now I am having another problem.

When I take out fsl_debug_console from Processor Expert the code when emulating gets stuck on DefaultISR, see below:

I had this problem earlier and I fixed it by adding back fsl_debug_console into Processor Expert. fsl_debug_console requires a UART resource and I do not have any to spare, so I would rather not use it.

The code seems to have a problem with the Processor Expert -Components_Init(); when there is no fsl_debug_console?

Thanks

Paul

ISR.jpg

ISR_Components.jpg

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

If you want to disable the fsl_debug_console in your project, you should disable the fsl_debug_console in the PEx project and also disable usage of slf_debug_console in the fsl_usb_framework in Settings/Shared Components/fsl_debug_console, see below:

Disable fsl_debug_console.png

You must also modify the adapter_sdk.h static source code file (SDK\usb\adapter\sources\sdk\adapter_sdk.h). The fsl_debug_console.h include must be removed and USB_PRINTF definition changed. See below:

pastedImage_0.png

This modification remove all calls of the printf function from USB drivers.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

paul50485
Contributor I

Hi Marek,

I can not find where to disable fsl_debug_console in USB or MQXLite? I am running PE version 10.4.2

Paul

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

You can find the fsl_debug_console property in the Component Inspector of the fsl_usb_framework component. When you select the Tabs view (of Component Inspector), you can use the filter of properties. Write the fsl_debug_console in the filter column and select the fsl_debug_console property in the tree, see the screenshot below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi,

Is it possible to disable some fsl_debug_console methods? I'd like to use only the debug_printf output and override _scanf and_getchar input methods.

regards,
gaston

0 Kudos