Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an SPI component ?

Jump to solution
filipdossche
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to add an SPI component using processor expert.

I can't do it because it reports an error when I try to generate the code.

Using the Component Inspector I see where the error is

pastedImage_0.png

Logically I try to correct it using the Timing dialog box:

pastedImage_3.png

By selecting a clock configuration I get a list of possible settings but whichever I choose it keeps saying there is an error.

Obviously I am doing something wrong or I am missing something.

Can anyone tell me what that might be ?

No joy yet, I have been at this all morning and I Have noticed the following extra things:

- The timing dialog box does not show any possible values when the selected clock configuration is "ALL".

- If I select a value in any one of the single Clock configurations I always get a "Timing setting failed in Clock configuration x" message for another clock configuration.

- If there are no applicable common values that would be logical but how do you set it up so there are

- I can click on "clock path" and it shows the path for "Clock configuration 0". I can't select another one or make changes to it.

- Advanced stays greyed out.

- I have messed around with activating clock configurations 0...3 in the CPU but no difference whatsoever.

- How do you specify to use a particular clock configuration ?

Message was edited by: Filip Dossche

0 Kudos
1 Solution
filipdossche
Contributor III

Well, I finally worked it out. For some reason I do not know I had multiple clock configurations (4 of them) and it turns out the "Timing dialog window" can't deal with that.

Reducing the clock configurations to 1 cures it completely.

In the mean time I have included the fsl_cmp, fsl_i2c, fsl_spi and fsl_lpuart components.

The last three all showed the same problem until the number of clock configurations was reduced to 1.

I can now generate the processor expert code, build the application etc....

Problem solved but it took the best part of today and a fair dose of irritation and headache.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
filipdossche
Contributor III

Well, I finally worked it out. For some reason I do not know I had multiple clock configurations (4 of them) and it turns out the "Timing dialog window" can't deal with that.

Reducing the clock configurations to 1 cures it completely.

In the mean time I have included the fsl_cmp, fsl_i2c, fsl_spi and fsl_lpuart components.

The last three all showed the same problem until the number of clock configurations was reduced to 1.

I can now generate the processor expert code, build the application etc....

Problem solved but it took the best part of today and a fair dose of irritation and headache.

0 Kudos