cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding processor expert to an existing project

Jump to solution
vicentet_
Contributor II

I have tried to add Processor Expert to a demo project included in the Freescale_embedded_GUI_SW.zip archive.

The demo is _Official_Demos/EGUI_D4D_Demo/TWR_MCF52259/BareMetal/CW_10_1.

I have followed the instructions to add Processor Expert to an existing project ( File > New > Other > Processor Expert -> Enable Processor expert for existing C project.), but I get hundreds of errors when compiling. I don't understand the origin of the errors.

So, my questions are,

Is it possible to add Processor expert to that project? If the answer is afirmative,

What should I do to fix the problems?

I am really interested on making this work so any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In this case, I think the answer is probably no, at least not without large manual changes in the source code.

In most cases the conversion involves necessary manual changes in the application code, because for example the register interrupt vectors table definitions in the existing code often conflicts with Processor Expert definitions. You would need to convert the whole application not to use the hardware directly, but to use the Processor Expert components  where the conflict appears.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
parthdh96
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am also having same question,

I did tried to add PE in existing project, and it was showing large errors. but is it possible if I don't disturb the earlier defined registers and interrupts in PE and still can use PE with earlier code?

Thanks

0 Kudos
kaitav
Contributor III

Well, an old thread but a related question...

After converting to PE I am getting two errors:

mingw32-make: *** [Generated_Code/Cpu_c.obj] Error 1 Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_dfu_bootloader C/C++ Problem

mingw32-make: *** [Generated_Code/Vectors_c.obj] Error 1 Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_dfu_bootloader C/C++ Problem

Does anyone have any idea what the errors are referring to?

Thanks,

Kaitav

PS: Thanks vicentet, I came to know about this possibility after seeing this topic.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaitav,

please post more details on what did you do with the project and what do you need to achieve. Also more details on the error would be helpful.

From what you wrote it seems that there are conflicts in vectors, which is logical if you have added PE to the project where you already had some vector table definition.

As I mentioned in my post, you'd need to convert the project to use PEx component for interrupts configuration instead of your own (or default non-PEx project) vector table.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
kaitav
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am sorry, I forgot to post the details here. I have already raised a topic for the troubles I am facing in using DFU bootloader.

Could you please go through this post? https://community.freescale.com/thread/309932

Please let me know if you need more information.

Meanwhile, I will try to look into your suggestion and see if I am able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Kaitav

0 Kudos
vicentet_
Contributor II

Ok, thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In this case, I think the answer is probably no, at least not without large manual changes in the source code.

In most cases the conversion involves necessary manual changes in the application code, because for example the register interrupt vectors table definitions in the existing code often conflicts with Processor Expert definitions. You would need to convert the whole application not to use the hardware directly, but to use the Processor Expert components  where the conflict appears.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

The Processor Expert is good tool to gererate code, this save the time to read the MCU reference manual.

Is there some application note related to how to export the code to CW or IAR ?

Regards

Samuel

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is an article how you can take code from an existing  processor expert project:

Sneaking from Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos