AnsweredAssumed Answered

Questions on using USB DFU Bootloader for K60 uC

Question asked by kaitav on Jul 22, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 by kaitav

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in freescale community.

We have prepared a prototype board for evaluating MK60FN1M0VLQ15 and are trying to work on programming it via USB using the DFU bootloader application note AN4370SW and its software. However, we are facing some issues being new to CodeWarrior and processor expert environment.

Ok, so I have managed to create a project and able to compile the K60 code from location: AN4370SW\Source\Device\app\dfu_bootloader\cw10\kinetis_k60

Now, as per application note it is required to modify the linker file for locating application at a specific memory and this requires me to disable the linker file generation in the project and then modify the file. So I open component inspector view to go to build options, but unfortunately it shows a blank view. After looking into it, I came to know that the project is not created using processor expert and hence I am not getting these options.

Following are my main queries:

1) My basic requirement is to prepare USB bootloader that works on K60. How do I adapt the given code in CodeWarrior environment so that I can proceed as per application note? What am I missing?

2) I looked into the forums and found a way to convert the code to PE using "Enable Processor Expert for the existing code" and got 2 errors on compiling:

mingw32-make: *** [Generated_Code/Cpu_c.obj] Error 1 Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_dfu_bootloader C/C++ Problem

mingw32-make: *** [Generated_Code/Vectors_c.obj] Error 1 Kinetis_MK60N512VMD100_dfu_bootloader C/C++ Problem

Could anyone please give me some information on these errors and the reason behind it? I know that this PE conversion may not be full proof, but I was just trying to see if it works. Oh, and after I converted to PE, I was able to see component inspector view and build options.

Sorry if my explanation is unclear, I am not familiar with these tools and also not much into software in general. I checked a few related topics on forum but they did not help me much.

Please let me know if more details are required.

Thanks,

Kaitav

Outcomes